Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Travel Diary of a Madman Part 1

(entry written 6/22)
So the check-in and boarding were no issue. I arrived @ my gate just in time to pee and be part of the initial boarding. Work was a drag. It seemed unfortunate that this morning was the day that the office chose to have a nice waffle breakfast. With my innards as sensitive as they are, I was not able to partake in the festivities. All right, I did have some bacon and an English muffin. Wow, such great pleasures. I am now on the plane, awaiting take off. I have finally reached this moment. Such a quick trip, and quick planning. Here we are. The skies are blue and clear, so I am anticipating no delays (knock on wood).
I was able to talk to the psychic that our boss brings into work on a regular basis. She said she was glad that I called. She got a lot of positive vibes about the trip. Among the many interesting things she mentioned, the biggest was the strange mention of a line from my current show. The show is about finding your heart’s desire, and that line is said numerous times throughout the script. The first time it is used, it is one of my characters who delivers it. Well, Ms Psychic said good things will come of this trip, cuz it is my heart’s desire. This is not the most commonly used phrase, and certainly she did not know about my show. Creepy. Other things she mentioned were the need to be confident and act as an observer, rather than be observed. No pressure should be placed on me, as this will not be my last opportunity for such events. It is merely a step to what I want. I further questioned her about the person that input my info into the sales database. Will they reveal themselves? She said yes, it is someone I have met, but don’t know (all of the folks I met last summer, yet I do not “know”). Make eye contact, interject into conversations you may know about, and then giving out my card will be a logical step.
I made my business cards long ago, and so my recent venture into website design has not been added to the cards. I was short on time, so I simply typed the web address on the back of the cards. Tacky? Maybe, but the info is available now. Ms Psychic also asked if I was taking my cards. I said yes. She asked if there had been anything new added to the cards. Something colorful? I advised no. She then asked if my site was colorful. And of course, it is.
Another thing that Ms. Psychic reiterated was that I must act like one of them.
So I knew I needed a nice new outfit for the premiere. I found a nice pair of “vintage” jeans, a pin strip jacket and a fabulous, tailored shirt with cool patterns. All of this helps to hide my ever growing gut. I even got a new watch (Timex of course, my old employer). I am ready to knock them dead.
I sit here right now, feeling incredible butterflies going mad within my belly. Ms. Psychic said to not be nervous, turn it into excitement. At this time, I cannot determine which one I am feeling more of. I guess both can make you feel like puking.
Finally, she said that 10pm will be important.
This is all being written on the plane, so we will see what pieces of her psychic puzzle will come true.
Since I will be completely tired tomorrow, I am not sure when the update on the evening’s festivities will be recorded.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!