Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

AVP

Did not expect much, but it was a treat. I was pleased with the story. In addition to Alien and Predator aspects, we got a bit of Resident Evil; the film and Carpenter's The Thing. It was a fun time and more intelligent than I anticipated. Intelligent in that it followed the rules and stories of the previous films. Good for them. All of the actors blended with one another, which is fine. It's not about them anyway. There was a lot of screaming in this movie...by me. Mostly when the Alien Queen was on the prowl. Ugh! The sets were amazing, and the effects were fantastic. I was thrilled to see so many of the original folks on board; Ron Shusett, Walter Hill and Dan O'Bannon. Sigourney Weaver was missed, but not as deeply as I had expected. Ripley wasn't alive yet anyway, right? It was fun! I think the critics poo-pooed it cuz, as with most films like this, they are taken too seriously. Its not meant to be a message movie or an Oscar winner. It's meant to be fun. And if it doesn't make me stop and think about inadequacies or plot holes, then it has done a good job. It's loud, exciting and at times, scary. Mission accomplished!

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!