Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Where the Hell Have I Been?

I don't know. Busy and lazy. The whole spectrum.

I have the first read-through for House of Black Wings; next Friday. The fascinating thing; which I hope comes to fruition; is that I may get a listing on the IMDB (Internet Movie Database). David Schmidt; the director of the film; has a listing there; as well as his previous feature; and...his previous cast. I am assuming that I will be given this "distinction" when the film is completed/released. How special is this truly? I don't know, but I'm pumped!

I rushed home last night to begin a fourth draft of my script. I started w/ a far-to-long 135 pages, and only made it to page 32 in a rewrite. I'm nitpicking on details, descriptions and dialogue. I was able to cut it down to 131 pages. So, with those statistics; I should be able to cut about 16 pages total; bringing me down to 119. Wouldn't that be splendid? Well, the rush is because of a few contests I'm getting ready to submit to (never end a sentence w/ a preposition...oops). Tonight would have been my last chance to get my shit together; which would have been nearly impossible. Last night; to get to page 32; took me 2 1/2 hours. Well, I checked the three contests I was interested in; and found one not due til the beginning of October; so plenty of time there, and another one given an extended deadline to September 4th; giving me the weekend to complete a fourth draft. The third; is due by midnight tomorrow; but cuz of money issues; I will not be entering anyway. I would have had to submit my 3rd draft rather than the new one in the works. The one due in a few days is for Zoetrope Studios (Francis Ford Coppola's company), so that works out better too. I feel good about the cuts, and I don't believe I've lost anything important or beloved. All I did was make things more concise. I think it'll make for a smoother read. Also on the plus side, cuz I don't have to kill myself to complete the draft tonight, I can relax and enjoy Project Runway. Yeah!

Over the weekend; I had a getaway to my self proclaimed "Rancho Relaxo"; or friend Serena's. We sat around mostly, and it was well worth the trip; just for the down time. I left a copy of Sid's Apple for her and husband Lester to read. I'm anxiously awaiting their reply. I was able to watch some movies on cable that the other half would never have been interested in. Road House; which was fun and stupid; and contained more than an ample amount of male nudity; a nice surprise. It also had the best car explosion I've seen in a long while. You know; the one in the end; it exploded in mid-air? Cool. We also watched Kicking and Screaming; the Will Ferrell vehicle. A nice time waster, but nothing great. Also, I caught The Great Outdoors. I recall loving this film back in the day; but oh, how awful it truly is. Still some great laughs, but so disjointed and pointless. Not Hughes' best. When I arrived home Sunday; the other half and I watched the majority of My Cousin Vinny. Again, fun to watch, but nothing to take up space in my memory. While in the 'burbs, Lester invited me to record a song, entitled "Sex-Man" for their record label. It's a great concept and it would involve speaking; rather than singing. I'm pretty excited; since recording the Sleeping Ugly cast album, was a real treat.

Project Runway begins shortly, so I am outta here...for now.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!