Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sid's Apple...Complete?

I sincerely doubt it. I officially finished my 4th draft a few moments ago. I set out to cut 10 pages from the script, bringing it down to almost a 2 hour running time. Remember, one page of writing; equals one minute of screen time; give or take. Well, I got it down from 135 to 125 pages; and there were only minor cuts. Snippets of dialogue and more concise action descriptions. I wanted 10 pages and that is what I got. I still have not cut any complete scenes or characters, and I don't plan on doing so. I did, however, add a bit of dialogue and description to Smiley's final moments. This was due to friend Harry's suggestion; and I think it was a smart one. I find it now more disturbing, sad and even a bit off-the-wall funny. The whole piece is perhaps still a bit too long, but a 2 hour film, compared to a 2:15 minute film; is a bit more digestible; don't you agree?

It has been many months since I took a good look @ Sid and his friends, and I believe it was what let me bask in objectivity. I would have considered it done, but my, how easily the long-windedness was cut away. I think it's a smoother read now. Pat on my back. Only 8 hours of work, and 10 pages of cuts. Nice.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!