Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Philip J. Fry

Just a few items to update from the past several days.

The other half and I have been watching Futurama on Adult Swim w/ some frequency. I have watched it in the past, but it never hooked me. Well, I think that's changed. Another animated Fox creation is put on my tops list. Zoidberg is my fave.

The wrap party for House of Black Wings happened on Saturday. Great food, great friends and a splendiforously funny and fun wrap/blooper reel. Great gifts and kind words exchanged hands throughout the evening. I made cards for the majority of the cast/crew. I used the headshot postcards I had, signed "best, Michael Klug" and then attached them to blank cards. Inside, I wrote some awful (hopefully everyone took them as the ridiculous crap they were to be) junk about how everyone helped me to create the brilliant, soon to be legendary performance I gave in the film. Most of the cards were addressed to the wrong names. Example, Greg was addressed to Gary; and Amy (portraying the ghost; Alana Drood in the film) was addressed to "Ghost Performer". I also commended Michelle Maynard (special makeup effects) on a catering job well done. All in jest, and hopefully taken in that vein.

The other half and I watched The Prestige last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was miles above its cohort magician release; The Illusionist. Hugh Jackman got to act (and well). It didn't hurt that he was shirtless for a couple of scenes. David Bowie was a treat. The film totally kept my interest, and all of the surprise reveals were treats. I was particularly impressed that Scarlett Johannson (sp?) took a supporting, relatively thankless role.

A few friends/acquaintances have recently received Jeff nominations for Chicago theatre accomplishments. Super big congrats to my friends; Jen Mathews, Bill Massolia, Michael Kingston and Cora Vandebroek (I don't know if that's the correct spelling for her name). Forgive. So, to all...best of luck; my fingers are crossed.

French Toast is currently dead in the water. I have a beef to pick w/ Dell (the company we ordered the Pinnacle Studio Movie Box through). They were to have sent UPS to pick up the return, but that has yet to happen. The other half and I have to find the correct connections/wiring to get the job done. Per friend Brian's comment on a previous blog (as well as my own research), we've decided on Adobe Premiere Elements. We can do the 30 day trial to test it all out, but still need the connections to complete it. When the hell am I going to start work on my movie? The world may never know.

In the meantime, I've got another movie script in mind. I started writing it many moons ago, but have come up w/ a fun new opening scene. We shall see.

Also, my DP on French Toast, Clare Martin; said "yes" when I asked if she would DP on Sid's Apple; once it was underway. Yeah Clare!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael, I've got your back!

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!