Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Success & Gripes

Today marked the actual 3rd day we've had our home open for the moving sale. Today we made about 500 bucks. That makes our total from the sale thus far @ about 1k. I say thus far, cuz next Sunday, we are having our final blow out. No reasonable offer refused, everything must go. You know the lingo. My Craigs List ad apparently brought no one; and the customers we had were friends Jeff and Chris; who were staying w/ us over the weekend; and several neighbors from w/in our building; some were repeat customers! Nifty. Once next Sunday's sale is completed, we will make one final look through our remaining items and determine if there are some pieces we may hang onto. The rest are to be donated. I feel better today. I actually got 100 bucks from a neighbor who bought only toys/action figures. Nice that some of them found a home.

The other half and I are still in some sort of ongoing limbo. Although, the lunch w/ a friend on Thursday has opened up several possibilities.

My attitude toward my day job currently, can only be described using the words disgust and resentment. I'm so disillusioned right now that I don't really know how to handle any situation; or how to get myself out of bed in the morning to actually go to this office. The other half will have to travel (possibly very soon) to begin training on his new job; leaving me behind to handle all of the other issues. Once we have his placement confirmation, I will happily be putting in my notice to leave my job. I'll need to do so anyway. My next weeks will then be spent packing, listing our home for sale, and all of the other many details that will need attention. Our new destination will be quite a change. I'm trying to keep it under wraps right now; but I've probably already noted it in some past blog. I plan on finding a retail position in our new locale. I've had enough of office politics and office atmospheres in general. I've worked in an office for 7 years straight now; and I'm ready to get back on my feet; and work in a more structured, mall/retail environment. My past retail positions certainly show that there is little room for interpretation. Rules, rules, rules. System, system, system. I could use that for a while.

All of the things happening are exciting. I find it upsetting that the only (and I do mean the only) thing currently stressing me; is the notion of returning to my current day job. What a dreadful notion. I'm soooo through. And that's the truth.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!