Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Circle of Life

Here's the breakdown of the past couple of days. I was ill from work yesterday; and felt just as horrid this morning, so I took this day off as well. I apparently neglected to turn my phone on for the remainder of the day. About an hour ago, I checked my messages. One text message (well; so long it was contained in two) from my new "supervisor". I'll leave out the personal info on my "big boss", and will keep intact those notes pertaining to my job.

"You need to take some time off due to lack of money. Until "big boss/owner" ** and I can discuss how we're going to pay you in the future. Please call me when you feel better to discuss how you could help around office on a fee basis. Please feel free to call "big boss/owner" **. He needs support."

Note that ** "big boss/owner" has been left anonymous...I don't want to name names. He recently had a major personal event in his life; thus the "please feel free to call --. He needs support."

So, basically, I have been fired; and then asked to call my big boss and offer support in his time of need. Are you f***ing kidding me?

I intend to go to the office, pack up my few personal items; and bid them adieu. The nerve. Can you believe this?

So many other things now up in the air. The move is still pending; and the other half's new employment opportunity still not solidified. But damn if I don't feel less than worried. Let it all fall as it falls. I don't really have concerns @ this moment. I think I'm facing reality, but I don't feel upset or stressed. Goodness knows how much I wanted out of my pathetic excuse for a day job. No instruction, no formal or complete training and comments that would leave any hard ass thirsting for a boosted morale. The big thing? No leadership. Everything was deferred to someone else. As Homer has said in the past, "It's everyone's fault but mine." Some of the worst bosses I've ever had. This amount of time I've been there; well over a year; has allowed me to see my superiors; and the dark, moronic true colors they had hidden.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!