Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"It's for the best, Paul"

I think that's the line from Misery. I could be off.

Events of the day (or past few days). Snuggle up in your blankie, put on some Adult Swim; and read along with me. Won't you?

Spent the day working on French Toast. Got some adt'l work done, but nothing substantial; just a bunch of little tidbits. The photo sequence has been tightened, and the other half provided a brilliant suggestion for the very end of the film. Much tighter, much sadder, much creepier. Thanks other half! I find it odd that as I go through on what is my second cut of the film, that I can't find tons of things I want to change. I have found a few better takes and have made those changes, but I don't find major things that need updating. Is this normal; or am I missing some big part of the process?

Speaking of French Toast, I viewed it with friends David and Sonnet tonight. I went over to their place, mainly for a viewing of House of Black Wings. David suggested I bring over my current cut of French Toast, so I did. Good feedback, and they could see a difference from the previous cut. Whew! I got some good suggestions from David, and will put them into effect. He again commented on how good it was for a first time filmmaker. This makes me happy, as I really respect his input and talent. And now, speaking of his talent, he's come so far on HOBW. He's about 3/4 of the way done (I think); on his first cut. Some terribly creepy images, some really nice performances (not super pleased w/ some of my stuff, though), and some very effective scares. This was all without music, sound effects and a completed product. I was very impressed. What stood out to me, was the fact that I became totally engrossed in the story. I was very interested and concerned about where things were headed and what would happen to "Kate". It was a great time, and I'm super excited to see the final product. The evening ended with me reading the first pages of my new script to David. He provided some smart suggestions on this as well, and I will certainly use his advice. It's so fun to chat with other artists. Yes, I'm an artist dammit!

The other half packed up several more items from our "crap" room. The neighbor who purchased all of our shelves will be by tomorrow night to pick up the ones we have evacuated. Hopefully, we can have more ready by the time he arrives. Of course, we still have no date of departure from Chicago, but I guess it would be better to get things ready for that imminent day.

Forgot to mention (did I ever bring this up?) the finale of HGTV's Design Star. We got caught up in it since we returned home from SD (notice how that was such a milestone that I keep coming back to it to keep tabs on time?). Kim was the victor. I was thrilled that she won, but was sad to not see Todd shirtless anymore. Alas. I will keep up on Kim's new show when it starts in the spring. She's cute and super talented...reminds me of friend Clare. In fact, we were referring to Kim as Clare. I called Clare to let her know that she had won. She was appreciative.

I've decided to try to work toward a showing of French Toast. I figure if I schedule something, that will provide me with a much-needed deadline. As is the case with every other thing in my life, I feel a bit of limbo on French Toast. I'm waiting on the music, and unsure of what steps to take to call the editing complete. I need someone to do some work on sound and sound effects. I guess that's all that's really left. I need to clean up and tighten my edit, get some assistance w/ sound and input the final score/tracks. That's alot. Lord. The other problem; is that I have no money. If I do have a showing, I'd like to have a nice reception or something to celebrate its completion, and show my gratitude to the cast and crew; as well as the friends and family that will hopefully attend. Donations? Hmmm.

Finally, I got home this evening to find a letter from my doctor. My recent visit; where I was tested for strep, came back negative...or so I thought. The doctor states in her letter that she has been trying to reach me. She must have our old home number. The adt'l test they do for strep came back positive. I guess I'll be heading to Walgreen's to get this new prescription filled. I have been feeling okay; much better than before, but it seems to be hanging on. I guess this is why.

Blah, blah, blah.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!