Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

One Mouth Spewing More Bullshit

Finally received a reply from one of my bosses regarding my recent departure (read: I was LAID OFF) from my day job. Unbelievable bit of nonsense. As was the usual @ this job, there was a never-ending fountain of garbage erupting from the mouths of those in charge. Surprisingly, since I was canned, it has continued. I am now being blamed for the entire company's failure to produce. Let's list a couple of items that make this virtually impossible. First, let's take a gander at my work/school background before my arrival on the job. Hmm. Turning a page here; another there. I see absolutely no mention of "real estate" in my prior work or study history. So, basically, once I was brought in (as only administration/office support) I would have to be trained on all details relating to the real estate aspect of my new job. I always considered myself a computer at any new job I accepted; especially if my background did nothing to support this new venture. A computer is only as smart as those who program or "train" it. I'm not wrong on this, am I? Well, I got a good deal of training when I first arrived and I believe I did quite well for myself. Somewhere about 6 months into my stay, the training ceased. Is this my fault? Is it also my fault that so little of my communications (questions) went unanswered? While I certainly took the initiative on many items, there were some issues I never felt quite comfortable enough to take on; certainly not w/out some direction or assistance. It was also thrown in my face that I had expressed some concerns; about a month ago; that if things didn't seem to be moving along, that I might have to move on to other opportunities. While I don't deny this, I never did "give my notice". I stated that I would have to make a decision; based on how things went over the next month. Had I reached my verdict and put in my two weeks? No, I did not. Other issues brought up. I was let go due to "lack of production". Why, last week, I was told I was being let go due to lack of money. They could be related, but now I'm being told two different things. I was also told that my frequent absences were making things difficult. A couple of things...I was out when I was sick. Period. My other boss was constantly out for illness; even close to an entire week in one fell swoop. Next, I was an hourly employee. I did not get paid on at least 75% of my sick days. I never charged them for it. Finally, regarding sick days, I really wasn't needed a great deal in my last few weeks. The pathetic lack of direction I had seen, was taken to a whole new level of laziness since my return from SD. Let's now move on to "lack of production". I had found lender acceptance on many of the files I have been working. In the end, we had no buyers. This was never my part of the puzzle; and I had explained why; since I first began. So, those files that didn't close, could not be put off on me. Also, we had cut loose about 25 files in the past two months; files that my assistant and I had been working on for many months. The new supervisor comes in and POOF!, no longer workable files. All cut loose. Let's see, when I started those files in the beginning of 07, I was only about 7 months into my new job. Did I know a perfect deal from a possibly questionable (but still workable) deal? Apparently not. Was there a qualified supervisor there on a frequent basis to assist or direct or (how 'bout this) TRAIN me on those things that I may have needed valuable knowledge on? About two months ago, I finally put aside the fact that I didn't have anything to accept blame for on the imminent failure of this business. I worked very hard during the time I was there; attempting to build a system that would accomodate a generous influx of workable files. Now, I've been tossed away like yesterday's news; and blamed for the majority of my boss's shortcomings. How does he get off? I wanted to meet w/ him next week, but decided to just leave it. If my time working for him has taught me one thing; it's that he will never change and will never accept that he is the one responsible for his business and its complete lack of success. Meeting him face to face to hash out any issues, would only result in a shouting match, me expelling more anger and resentment, and him spouting more verbal garbage and lies. I'm lucky to be away from this quagmire of no structure, no responsibility and absolutely no leadership. I've filed for unemployment; asking that they not deny me. The severance package issue is closed. Once all the dust has settled, I may post some of the emails that have gone back and forth. For now, all I ask is that I get the unemployment due me (I was laid off after all) and to have ZERO contact with these dishonest monsters for the rest of my time on this earth.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!