Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Friday, September 28, 2007

The Ongoing Squirrel Affair

Wednesday morning, the other half and I had another 3 trash bags full of purged items to take off to the Salvation Army. We entered the garage, and the other half; in his usual oblivious state, missed what I saw immediately. There was something furry lodged under our front driver's side tire. I couldn't tell what it was immediately, so I moved in to investigate. Had we run over a squirrel? No, he/she was alive and seemingly "hugging" our tire. We tried to shoosh him away, but apparently, there was something really wrong with him. Rabies? I don't know. He ended up going in to the rim of the tire and setting up defenses. We grabbed a broom from the corner of the closet and poked at him a bit. Don't worry, we didn't hurt him. He wouldn't budge, nor would he move when a we tried to get a neighbor's dog to sniff at him. The dog wasn't remotely interested. We walked away for bit and after a few moments of silence, he/she emerged. (Note, I'm calling the squirrel a him from here on out). Note: once he had taken sanctuary in the rim, we did call animal control. Since it wasn't an emergency, they couldn't commit to a time to check this out. Once the little guy was out of the rim, we pushed him (gently) aside with the broom. He was growling and hissing and biting at the broom, but we got him away. He then found the tire of another car and attached himself. I quickly got in the car and took off to drop off our donations. The other half said he had later moved into the confines of someone's stroller that was being stored in the garage. Imagine that surprise. Later that evening, I had to go out. I saw the squirrel sitting in a vacant spot. He moved when I came in and I rushed to get into the car. As I pulled away, he was gone. I had an image of "squirrel-cam" from underneath the car...stalking my feet. No further sign of him until today. The other half spotted him on the sidewalk; apparently just hanging out. He then disappeared underneath another car. I'm unsure of what to do. Do we call someone; wait for a possible appearance by the animal control folks, and hope they find him? I don't know. I'm unsure if the little guy is sick, or crippled or just ate something funky. Who knows. Keep your fingers crossed that he ends up being okay. I'm doing the same. Also, I'm also a bit paranoid that "squirrel-cam" will end up right at my feet as I try to enter my car.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!