Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Say Hello, Aunt Alicia

Resident Evil: Extinction. Saw it tonight w/ the other half and friends Richard and Drew. Pretty much what I expected. Not super great, but fun. Good scares, fun gore and a hot Milla Jovovich. Don't be surprised to see her in my next Stew of Sin (patent pending).

BTW, my title has a meaning for once, hold on for that explanation.

Frankly, I found the predecessors much more entertaining and with a lot less of these glaring problems. Some problems w/ this one. Blatant rip-offs of several other films. We had a bit of The Birds, a caravan taken from Twister, a bit of The Road Warrior, a shot straight out of Firestarter and some "homage" ? moments from Day of the Dead. The tranformation of the zombies into workers/soldiers; training them to dismiss their insatiable hunger and find their human qualities. Bub? Is that you? There was even a moment when the unnamed undead was made to pretend he was making a phone call. I was literally waiting for the doctor to prompt the zombie with a "Say hello, Aunt Alicia". Not so subtle folks. Not much to say about the acting. There was little dialogue for them to conquer. I've officially decided I don't care much for Ali Larter as an actress. I've seen her in plenty, and I could never put my finger on it (still can't), but I don't like her acting. I'll keep you posted when I finally figure it out (I'm sure you'll wait in gut-wrenching agony for that update). I was happy to see the debut of "Tyrant"; finally. He was a big scary part of the original game, so I was excited to see him on screen. Best word for this installment; if a bit overused in my blogging (what do you care?), is "meh". Good time. Not much substance. But, let's be honest, what did we go there for? The gore, the zombies, the mutations and Milla's bare breasts. There, I said it.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!