Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Concerns about the Living Dead #27

So, perusing my MySpace friends, I found that George A. Romero; and his cohorts are holding a short film contest. I've been waiting for the submission details, etc, and yesterday, they were finally announced. Clearly French Toast would be too long, as the maximum time for contest bids is 3 minutes. However, I have been tooling around w/ a new short film script; which I completed a first draft of, a week or so ago. 4 pages. Hmmm. The winner of the contest will have their short film added as an extra on the DVD release of Uncle George's Diary of the Dead (in theatres soon). Well, I took another look at my short script, and contacted valued friend and talented filmmaker, Clare. She agreed to shoot the script for me, and I will be directing as well as "starring". I've got until February 29th. Lots of work ahead of me. I've already forwarded a copy of the script to Clare, and have begun a shot list. It will be shot @ my home, so that will be easy...however, the ending of the script calls for many extras; in a public area of my building. Not sure how easy that will be. It has a couple of lines of dialogue, but my character never speaks. Oh, and the bonus...the Grand Prize winner will receive autographed props, etc. from the set of Diary of the Dead. Nifty. Also, 5 finalists will have their films included in the DVD release. Great exposure, but man, I have to make this short a real stand-out. Wish me luck. I'm heading back to filmmaking land...with no time to spare! Here's a link to the contest info. Cool!

BTW, George himself is one of the final judges for the big prize!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=91388580&blogID=352844605

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!