Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Simpsons are going to LA

Or rather, they already are there. In Burbank to be exact. Yes, the other half and I have left behind Phoenix (we'd been there so long, it was clearly time), and are now staying in the abode of The Saints Wilson. Friends Lorri and Jason have allowed us to crash (is that the proper term for being given a home when you're homeless?) for 2 weeks with them. I'm optimistic that we'll have somewhere to really call home when that time is up. If not, we do have a place to continue our "crash" with friend Leah. However, as grim as things may seem, we're very excited to be here. We arrived yesterday; after a night's stay outside San Diego (we stayed @ the same place before we arrived in Phoenix--part of our epic road trip), and I'm literally sitting here wondering what the hell my first step should be. What the hell do I do now? We've got plenty of money (for now--thanks family members from both sides), and a roof over our heads (for now). I really feel exhausted; and kind of confused. However, it seems that the four of us roomies will get along fine. We figured it's been over two years since we all saw one another. I guess we'll see how well things go by the time the 2 weeks are complete. But hey, what am I talking about? We'll be out of here before the 2 week deadline, and all will be simply beautiful.

So, what's on the agenda today? Some grocery shopping? Job hunting? Nose picking? I'm anticipating all of these; as well as many more fun activities.

So, with no fanfare at all (never what I anticipated), I am living in LA. What was it friend Chris said? "The land of broken dreams". Well, that remains to be seen.

The other half and I decided to make a run for The Price is Right. Hell, we've got some more free time, and perhaps we can get on the evening show and win the million dollar spectacular. That would solve some problems. Plus, I can congratulate Drew on the job he's doing. Frankly, I was not sure he would make it. His first few weeks on the job were not promising. However, he's really come into his own. He's sarcastic, makes fun of the products, and really seems to want the folks to win. I'll miss Bob Barker; he can never be replaced, but hell if I don't love what Drew's doin'. Kudos to you.

Also, Thursday, as we moved past the California border, and through a border patrol checkpoint, we were welcomed into the state in proper fashion. We were stopped and examined (we do have a cover over the bed of our truck, perfect for transporting Mexicans), the drug dog checked us out and we were ready to drive away. The other half put the car into drive, and we heard, "Spikes!". So the guy in front of us, threw down the highway spikes as a red SUV sped through the checkpoint and onto the open road. We waited for all of the border patrol vehicles to give chase, got our okay to move on, and drove as quickly as we could to follow the show. For fifteen miles we saw rubber chunks in the road, and dozens of; what appeared to be cocaine and weed, packages strewn on the side of the road (cuz I totally know that stuff). We never did see what became of the offenders (oh, sorry, alleged offenders), but a high speed pursuit and almost drug bust, really made me feel welcome in our new home state. Isn't that how things are on the CA roads? That's what TV tells me. It doesn't lie.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!