Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Day's Coming to a Close

I had that second interview yesterday. It was a placement agency. Nothing wrong with that. The specific job they brought me in on...was filled a few hours before I showed up. Nice. But, I did all of my paperwork, and a video "interview"; something for them to send to prospective employers along w/ my resume. Neat. I got it in one take. I'm a one take wonder...on the set and in the office. Yeah!

Had a lunch w/ the director of that short I found on Craig's List. The script seems dark and interesting. I'll have some rehearsal next week and it will shoot in the last week of this month. We'll see how it goes. Another credit.

Finally got the other half to download Madge's latest album into my computer (must have been my ho-hum blog that got me motivated) and into my new phone. Just got done listening to it, and now have it on repeat on my new headset. Hard Candy indeed. I don't know what that comment means. As usual with all of her albums, I take my time to sit and listen closely to every note, preferably in a dark corner with my eyes closed. No distractions. I love it of course. But, it does have the couple of tracks that will end up being skipped over every times. 4 Minutes is great, She's Not Me, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, and my favorite from the album (at least @ the moment) Miles Away (a nice insight into her relationship w/ husband Guy--at least it seems to be). So much for my blog yesterday. Everytime she has a new project, I get all worked up again. This one I'm just a couple of months late. I'm a loser, and I take back my waning interest in my diva...it's just the in-between times that I find other things to keep my interest. Yeah Madonna...and happy birthday my darling!

A few things I've neglected to report over the past couple of weeks. Movies!

1) The X-Files: I Want to Believe. Saw this w/ friends Chris and Ami. It was nothing spectacular or memorable, but it definitely kept my interest. It was wonderful to see our old friends back in the wash. Both Anderson and Duchovny look great, and I would still do both of them. Wow! Anyway, not the greatest story, but still a good time. Plus, we saw it in the Grauman's Chinese Theatre. Our first journey to that venue. It was the four of us and about 10 other people. Sadly, the movie's a bomb. Harumph.

2) The follow up to the 1972 Joan Collins/Peter Cushing classic, Tales from the Crypt; The Vault of Horror. It was uber-cheap and cheesy, but a great time. The best tale in this one was the anal retentive bloke and his new young wife. Fun! I gotta tell you, I'm loving this DVR thing, catching up on things I never would have made the time to see.

3) The China Syndrome. I haven't seen this gem since high school (we watched it in science class). I loved it just as much as I did back then. Not enough death and destruction as the other half would have liked (his first time seeing it). I have to say, Michael Douglas (for this role only) may have to find his way into my stew. He's hot! Plus, Jane Fonda was also delish! I just love her.

I'm sure there are others, but they're not coming to me right now. Forgive.

Also, at a future time I need to update on our first journey to The Hollywood Bowl for Les Miserables in Concert. Yeah!

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!