Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Concerns about the Living Dead #38

So, I've been extremely disconnected to the horror film world as of late...as evidenced by my sudden knowledge of a new Romero zombie film. I used to check Bloody Disgusting.com a few times a week. But that's not been the case for the past many months. I recently updated my preferences on Yahoo news; to be told of any George A. Romero goings-on. Got one today; with a link to a teaser trailer for his new film; tentatively called Of the Dead. Doesn't look all that interesting, honestly, and after the disaster that was Diary of the Dead, you can imagine my apprehension. I noticed that many people; while commenting on the trailer; also remarked on his last two efforts; Diary of the Dead and Land of the Dead. I consider Land of the Dead still in league w/ the original Dead trilogy; if a tiny bit beneath their brilliance, but it's still classy and classic Romero. I'll be honest...I'm a bit worried on this one. Here's an idea for my idol. I've got two fabulous zombie scripts that are up and coming, and they are both interesting new takes on the zombie genre. Think about it. Give me a call.

I'll keep you thirsty zombie fans (my avid readers of 1--hey Brian) updated on further Romero news. Okay?

Here's a link to the trailer/info.

http://horror.about.com/b/2009/01/06/trailer-for-new-george-romero-zombie-movie.htm

***Okay, as I was searching for the poster art (which now will not allow me to place on this post--stupid technology--I'll post it later), I found a more detailed synopsis of the film. I am now a bit more intrigued. The trailer didn't sell me, but the synopsis did. Fingers crossed. Here's that synopsis...

"On a small island off North America's coast, the dead rise to menace the living. Yet...the islanders can't bring themselves to exterminate their loved ones, despite the growing danger from those the once held dear. A rebel among them hunts down all the zombies he can find, only to be banished from the island for assassinating his neighbors and friends. On the mainland, bent on revenge, he encounters a small band of survivors in search of an oasis on which to build a new life. Barely surviving an attack from a mass of ravenous flesh-eaters. They commandeer a zombie-infested ferry and sail to the island. There, to their horror, they discover that the locals have chained the dead inside their homes, pretending to live 'normal' lives...with bloody consequences. What ensues is a desperate struggle for survival and the answer to a question never posed in Romero's Dead films: Can the living ever live in peace with the dead?"

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!