Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary, I Guess...

Tomorrow will mark my 4th year anniversary w/ Blogger.com; and of course, my 4th year blogging at all. I've never strayed from Blogger.com, aside from posting the same entries over on MySpace. I may start doing that on Facebook...but that will require more copying, more pasting, and let's face it. I'm too darn lazy. As I went back in my blogging to confirm the actual date, I found that some of my early entries had nifty titles. Go back to the beginning and you'll see. I'm not being sarcastic, it's the truth. What happened to those fun titles of yesteryear? It all just gets balled up into one big update every week or so...at least lately. I guess that's what comes w/ a full time job...less time to sit around and shoot the shit on the interwebs (thanks for that term Chris).

Speaking of Chris, we had some VERY productive brainstorming/writing sessions this past weekend. I stayed over w/ him (and his wife Ami--get it out of the gutters folks--wait! that makes it sound more sorted--whatever) Friday night, and we worked well into the afternoon on Saturday. We semi-finalized the first (of many) ideas we will be working on, and I think it's a good one. Lots of work to be done, but we're on our way. It's been awhile since I had such fun breaking things down, shooting each other's ideas down (front door or bedroom door?), praising the brilliance we find together...brainstorming til our brains had long ago turned to mush. The last time this happened was w/ friend Clare as we were preparing for the French Toast shoot. I love this part of the process. Collaboration, creativity and movies. How fun is that? Chris is great fun, and I think we could be looking at a goldmine of ideas and fabulous get-togetheredness (nice!) if we can figure out that damned "collabowrite". We've set a psuedo goal of having something in the can by midyear; if not earlier. More on this as it occurs. See you soon Chris! Are you sick of me yet? Mwuhahaha! The pain is only just beginning.

Speaking of pain (all of these transitions are just happening naturally, I'm not even looking for them!), I went to the doctor today. Friday afternoon at work, I apparently sprained my left shoulder. I've been in pain since then, but it's beginning to diminish. After x-rays today, it was determined that it was nothing more than the aforementioned sprain. It hurt (s) like a bastard! I get to be a nerdly weakling at work for the foreseeable future. Doctor's orders! I'm not allowed to lift/pull/push anything over 15 pounds, and certainly nothing can be done over my head. Gallery work @ the store? Nope. Schlepping purchases to customer cars? I don't think so. I have a follow up next week, and was given some prescription pain/anti-inflammatory drugs. "We all live in a yellow submarine". I feel so old.

Speaking of old (such convenient and easy seques today--I can't believe it), they (who's they?) weren't kidding that you start to get hair in odd places as you age. What's w/ the dark hair on the outside area of my wrists? It's weird. Frankly, this is too much info (TMI), but I always wished I were a hairier guy when I was younger, but as it continues to forest-ize around my arms and chest, I'm not sure if I got more than I bargained for...with that wish. Moving on.

No smooth transition here. I don't want to push it.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway; since it appears I'm out of material for this pathetic update.

Oh wait! Nothing more has happened on the Simon Baker script; so that's certainly worth noting. Also, I have been continuing work on the new website. It's slow going, but it's at least progressing.

Later y'all.

BTW, I still prefer MySpace to Facebook. I do. I think I'm in the minority though.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!