Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

So Long, Tangina...

Zelda Rubinstein; our dearest Tangina of the Poltergeist films; has died.

I knew her also from the 80's craptastic film Teen Witch, Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, Sixteen Candles and of course as the narrator of Scariest Places on Earth.

But we're always going to remember her as the miniscule medium, who has trouble knowing when a house is actually clean.

While she was never as good in the sequels (I'm talking about you Poltergeist III), she was a breath of fresh air in the original Poltergeist. I've mentioned it before, and will do so here...again. Poltergeist is one of my top favorite films, and nothing can top the scene where Tangina tells the tale of what has happened to our poor Carol Anne. The terrifying and captivating "Beast" speech. Great delivery, great reaction, great scares. Easily a top scene in the history of film...in my opinion of course.

She was a terrific character actress, and certainly...she will be missed.j
So long, Zelda...

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!