Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Who is the ULTIMATE 80s Horror Hunk? NOW WE KNOW -- The First Runner-Up & THE WINNER!

July 28th, 2014.  I embarked on one of the geekiest (and sexiest) projects of my writing life.

I was going to take my love of writing, my passion for horror films, my unhealthy obsession with the 80s and my constant, uncontrollable, almost adolescent boners for hunky horror actors -- and came up with this series of blogs.

I took 40 of my personal fave male hotties from horror films of that era and pitted them in a battle to the death (I changed it from the "Sudden Death" round to the "Sudden Erection" round -- at the last minute).  Dozens of beautiful men have fallen, including many I would run over my own mother for -- for just a brief moment of passion with them...and many whom I never expected to be cut so quickly...and many for whom I personally cast my vote during these multiple months of wackiness.

And we made it here.  Hundreds of votes from a small core of devotees, direct on-line contact w/ a great many of the hunks themselves...prodding them to get their fan-base to the polls, and many voting surprises.

Fourth runner up:  Robert Rusler of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 2: FREDDY'S REVENGE

Third runner up: Danny Hassel of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 4: THE DREAM MASTER  & A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 5: THE DREAM CHILD

Second runner up; Michael Biehn of ALIENS

First runner up: Jason Patric of THE LOST BOYS



With a total of 122 points from 38 ballots (on this final round).
SIX votes for first place
THIRTEEN votes for second place
EIGHT votes for third place
FIVE votes for fourth place
SIX votes for fifth place



And the winner: with 140 points!  

NINETEEN votes for first place
FOUR votes for second place
FIVE votes for third place
FOUR votes for fourth place
SIX votes for fifth place

from horror projects -- THE STEPFATHER, AMERICAN GOTHIC and TALES FROM THE CRYPT: "Lover Come Hack to Me":

STEPHEN SHELLEN has officially obtained the title of THE ULTIMATE 80s HORROR HUNK!

And just a few final notes:

Several ballots were not counted, as the voting rules on this final battle were not followed.  And you'll note -- there was no cooking of the books.  My choice for the big winner did not come to be.

Danny Hassel had an early lead in this last battle of the top five, but once Shellen's people caught wind of the competition (the third day of voting), his margin just got bigger and bigger (ooh, kinky).

This project was a total hoot, and I want to thank all of the hunks for being so hunky, for the many hunks whom I was able to personally correspond and to my friends and co-workers who followed along for the majority of the voting-- and in some cases -- the entire process.  Almost five months of brainstorming, writing and voting on a bunch of really hot horror actors.

I loved this process, which means -- you should stay tuned for something else in the very near future.

After five months plus, this project is over (with the exception of designing, processing and sending a certificate to the winner) and I will gladly put this boner to rest.  And after this long, and this much blood rushing, I have one helluva headache.  :)

2 comments:

truthseeker said...

Okay, well congratulations to all 5 and especially Stephen Shellen(who had my vote).

Unknown said...

You're a mess, Michael Klug! haha!

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!