Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Y'know, I'm STILL an actor...

Somewhere around the time that I began writing my first screenplay (2004-ish) -- my acting life started to diminish.  I still did a few things here and there, but was in no way pursuing it or truly seeking out auditions/opportunities.  Screenwriting slowly crept in (although I had been writing in some form or fashion since I was 10 years old) and became my main and ultimate focus.
But flash forward to February of this year, and a chance to do two live shows on stage at a regional theatre in TN, and I was suddenly back in.  It felt good.  It felt right.  It was meant to be.  It was as if no time had passed.  And frankly, with no bothersome day job to keep me away, why not take another look at my history in acting?  The itch, no matter how small, was still very much in the back of my head -- it always had been.

Let it be known that I don't intend to pick up where I left off and pursue acting as a full time gig.  I've got far too much on my plate with screenwriting and working for the good folks of Horror Freak News -- doing horror film reviews, covering festivals and popping out fun feature articles.  Not to mention my own neuroses and self-doubts -- I'm not ready to get back on that acting/auditioning horse completely.

But over the past year and a half, I've met lots of talented filmmakers (mostly horror) through that horror gig, and that fact, combined with the rumblings to return to my acting roots -- well, I want to reach out to all of these new friends (in some cases I already have) and let them know that I would like to audition/read/work for them in this acting capacity.

Thing is... my assumption is that 95% of them have no idea that my history and training is in the theatre.  My BA is in theatre arts -- both acting and directing.  There's no reason they would see me as anything other than a journalist (still sounds funny to say that, but I guess after this much time, that label applies) or a screenwriter (which I talk about endlessly).

But you know what?  I'm still an actor too.  And I don't expect to be handed roles (although that would be nice and I wouldn't say no), but I'd love for these gifted directors and writers and producers to think of me when they have a role that needs filling, and for which I might be a good fit.

So I'm putting it out into the universe (not solely relying on the kindness of friends -- as I've already signed up w/ a casting site and submitted myself) and to my filmmaker friends -- look at me as more than a film reviewer or a writer.  I've got a long history in the acting arts.  I'm frankly pretty good.  So look beyond what you think you know of me or what you believe to be my artistic ambitions/limitations, and give me a shot outside of that preconceived box.

I won't let you down, and I'll get to do (even if it's on the side) something that's never really left me, only been put on the back burner for a decade or more.

I've got an updated resume and some brand new headshots.  Take a gander, and let's talk.  I'm for reals here.

Thanks!


No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!