Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Where did I go?

For me, one of the greatest sensations I have ever felt, happens in those very few moments of acting, when I have an almost out-of-body experience. I have encountered so few, that when they occur, I am really taken aback. I can recall two specific moments. A Fair Country, a show I did in Minneapolis years ago, which starred the infamous Sarah Jane Olson. Of course this moment of transcendence was during a rehearsal, so the paying public did not get such a thrill. The other one I can remember is from a scene I did when I was only 18. I was a scene partner for the Irene Ryan competition, and I was very surprised by the loss of self. All those years of high school drama club, had not prepared me for such sensations; flushed face, adrenaline rush, eyes ready to drop their well of tears. Strange. It has been seemingly eons, since I have been in this zone. Last night, as we read for the grad student film, with two possible "sons", I was given a task to perform, within the context of the dialogue provided. Well, needless to say, I went to this dark place, and found myself with that welcome, but somewhat unfamiliar flushed face, adrenaline rush and full tear ducts. My only hope is that I can follow the map to this place for the actual shoot of the film. Sex? Nah. Food? Nah. Alcohol? Nah. Drugs? Nah. This one is so rare, it easily tops the list of pleasurable moments that can be experienced in life.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!