Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Concerns about the Living Dead #1

In just six short months, George A. Romero's Land of the Dead will premiere. Considering that his other zombie films rank as the highest on my list of loves, there is a lot riding on this upcoming viewing experience. Those earlier films were first seen as a preteen, so the initial memories carry the movie today, even though I can plainly see some of the shortcomings. I can forgive these, cuz of the way the movie makes me feel. Who knows what I would think of these movies now, if I just saw them for the first time @ age 30? Twenty years have past since Day of the Dead opened, and I am sure I am not the only zombie crazed fan, who has these concerns. I was 10 years old when I saw Day of the Dead. 10! So much has changed since then, how can I be certain that George will not let me down? On the other side, no one does zombies better that Mr. Romero. Yes, other zombie movies scare, but no one has the message, drama and style that George can input into his gruesome horror. As the day approaches, I become more thrilled and equally as nervous. A good example of how things change as I age, is Sixteen Candles. I saw this film for the first time in my twenties. I enjoyed it, thought it was funny, but it was never moved up to my list of all time loves. It's counterparts, such as Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and The Breakfast Club were viewed as a child and remain on my list of favorites. I feel certain that had I seen Sixteen Candles when it was first popular, that it would rest aside the other films listed. Will George A. Romero's Land of the Dead be enjoyed, but never reach the levels of its prequels? In six months, I will be able to answer that question. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!