Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Concerns about the Living Dead #2

Max Brooks has provided a complete survival guide for the impending zombie apocalypse.
His book, The Zombie Survival Guide, offers scenarios, weapon choices, and all around views on the best way to keep from being eaten, or becoming a part of the undead hordes. While he gives wonderful examples of situations, there is no way for him to address my exact predicament or location. I understand these are simply guidelines, but what if an event arises that was not covered in the pages of his helpful guide? My question has to do with my two floor condo. If the zombies had found their way into my building, and somehow had discovered how to use the elevator (assuming the power was still working, and keeping in mind that the staircase doors require keys for entry), how would I know which level to barricade first? This entry also assumes that my other half had fallen prey to the gnashing teeth of the invaders. So I have to deal w/ both the 7th floor entry and the 8th floor. Our doors do lock automatically, and then can also be deadbolted. So, that would buy me some time, but as I am shoving furniture in front of the door, the other level is left to the devices of the flesh-eaters. Assess the situation, and offer some insight! Please! This horrid turn of events could only be days away!

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!