Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Land of the Dead Take 3

I guess I should quit while I am ahead. This weekend marked the 3rd viewing of the film, and it was not "all that". It now has nothing to do w/ the quality, just the idea of seeing it 3 times w/in a little over a week. One new thing noticed this time around was the money floating about when Hopper meets his demise. Nice touch. I also enjoyed the screwball comedy moment of Argento and Baker, as he was atop the Dead Reckoning, and was being tossed back and forth. At first it was out of place and quirky, now I find it endearing and quirky. I will be seeing it again this weekend with my best bud, and she has not yet seen it. So it should be like seeing it for the first time again. The other half also viewed it w/ me again this weekend, and he found it "boring" this time around. Friend Jon was the reason for going again, and he seemed to genuinely enjoy it. I received word from my younger brother that he also viewed it, and he too loved it. The film has now made just under its budget, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will do above and beyond the 17 mill that it cost to make. I am determined to not only beat the Jurassic Park record (could I be a bigger nerd?), but also to do my part to make sure the film is considered a hit. Also, with as well as I know the other films, it seems normal that I should become well versed in Land of the Dead. It sucks, that the film is getting such good reviews, but not doing astronomical sales. Perhaps the DVD sales will catapult it to great sales, and pave way for a sequel.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!