Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Bits of Tid

We watched the unrated director's cut of Land of the Dead tonight. All of the extra moments were great, and one entire scene was reinserted. A nice touch. It still holds up, but I don't think I can ever truly love it the way I do its predecessors. It's my age. However, I am thrilled to add it to my collection, and to move it into circulation as my background noise for household chores. Only the movies I know super well get that distinction. It is by no means an insult to be added to this list. It means I am comfortable enough w/ the material, and educated enough to know what is going on at any given moment I may glance @ the screen. Also, I can tell what is happening, just by the soundtrack. Don't take it the wrong way George. It really is a complement. (Another recent addition to this list of greatness is the Dawn of the Dead remake.) We also watched some of the extras, including a video diary of Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) making their way to Toronto to be zombies, and to meet their hero, Romero. They seem just as infactuated w/ him as I am. But I have not made a film homage to his work...yet.

Last night, as the other half and I took our evening stroll in the park, to walk off the massive calories that come in each Seattle Sutton meal (not!), we came upon a family of raccoons. We watched them for a long time, and they watched us right back. They were munching on the fruit of the trees around them. I am no member of the Arbor Day society, so I have no clue what they were eating. It was those large boomerang type leaves/buds/fruit (whatever) that begin falling this time of year. They sure were crunchy, and apparently enjoyed by all of the furry critters running about. I know the coons are probably ravaged w/ disease, but I wanted to run up and give them a big hug. It takes so little to entertain and amaze me. I could have watched them for hours, but gawking at someone while they are eating, could be considered rude. Right here in the middle of the city...wildlife fun.

Even though I bitch seemingly all the time, life is good, and I am thankful for the fun, love and clean air I breathe. Thanks universe!

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!