Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Good Times

This title is two fold. It entails that classic sitcom, and the goings on over the past several days.
First, the show. It's been showing in the 5pm hour on TV Land, and I find myself flipping there whenever I see it's playing. There's something about Esther Rolle that draws me in. She's fun to watch, and seems to be having a blast doing that job. So, I've found my latest unemployment obsession. Good times.

I set up two job interviews last week, and then cancelled both Sunday night. One was for Target, but I decided that I will not be pursuing any further retail jobs. I can't go back to working weekends, and evenings. The other was for a collection position, but it also would require a few weekdays to 7pm, and every other Saturday, 8-12. I told the guy that it could work, but after thinking about all of this; I've decided that come hell or highwater, I'm not going to "settle" on any position; no matter how much I need the cash. I want my evenings and weekends free. Not only cuz of possible show schedules, but I've become accustomed to this and won't have it any other way.

I had an audition on Friday, for a short independent (I believe it was a student film), and I was reading for a drug addict. I did well in the audition, and was called back on Saturday morning. I went in, and it appeared I was one of only two men called back for the part. I didn't get it. I was bummed for about an hour, but then got over it. Would have been a fun part, but it was not meant to be.

Since I had to go downtown for the callback, I told the other half (sugar daddy as he's being called lately) that I NEEDED to get my headshots duplicated and sent out. So, I dragged his ass all the way downtown with me, and we got my order in. Of course, he paid. He is sugar daddy after all. Should be a few days before I have them, but in the meantime, I'm getting my cover letters and mailing items in order. I've been seeing so many friends in national ads lately, it's getting my panties in a bunch. It's high time I got it in gear, and started making a living in the acting world. If I don't do it now, while I have the freebie time, then I may as well throw in the towel. My cover letter's pretty fun, and probably a gamble, but I figure I need something to make me stand out. I'm sure some of the agencies that will read it will be turned off, but some won't. In fact, I'll post it on a separate entry, just for the sake of fun. It's been 5 years since I did a mass mailing. I think I'm in a better, more mature place in my life, and it will show through. Enoughs enough! It's time to move up the ladder and do what I want to do! I'm not getting any younger...

Following my callback on Saturday, the other half and I did some shopping on Michigan Ave., and decided to try and get tickets for Wicked. Borders Books has a drawing for first two row seats; two hours before each show, and you pay only 25 bucks. Well, we put our info in, and then did our shopping. We ended up with so much crap; actually several large bags; as the Gap was having a sale on coats; that we decided to be spontaneous and get a hotel room for the evening. We would have had to wait around downtown til 6pm anyway; for the drawing, and goodness knows I didn't want to drag these bags around for 4 hours. We had some dinner and checked into the Marriott. We relaxed and then went to Borders for the drawing. We didn't get the tickets, so we went back to the hotel room, got some snacks, and ordered a movie. We got Flightplan. I won't say much about this. It was a pretty average thriller, but made better by the presence of Jodie Foster. We slept in late with our late checkout, had breakfast downtown and then headed back home in the early afternoon. Later that night, we had dinner with newlywed friends; Lauren and Steve. It was a fabulous weekend, even though I did not get the part. Alas. I know that this hotel stay sounds like old hat, cuz I sure am a spontaneous person; not!

Last Thursday, we watched The Skeleton Key. It was nothing spectacular, but was a good time waster. It was fun, and the story revealed itself nicely, and was not at all something we figured out right away. I recommend it. Wow, two Peter Saarsgard (sp?) films in only a few days. The other half has taken him on as his new boyfriend.

I transferred my tapings of last week's reading on to DVD, and have gone through and marked the many items that caused me grief. I now need to go through and actually make all of the changes. I've found a screenwriting competition that I feel will be a smart move. The deadline is March 3rd, and then a super true deadline of April 14th. I have no doubt that I can get a 99% completed draft by then. If not, then let's face it, I'm a loser! My youngest brother finally finished his read of the script, and provided praise and several smart suggestions. Now, to implement them!

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!