Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Theme

I've been going back and forth on what the theme is for my script/story. I figure it would be a good thing to know; what w/ the upcoming interviews/pitches I'll be exposing myself to. There's a little bit of "c'est la vie", a bit of curiosity killed the cat, a dash of wasting chances/opportunity knocks, and some "the grass is always greener on the other side".

The other half was listening to NPR on his way home from the office this afternoon. He heard a story/interview about a woman who lived on a houseboat in the middle of the swamp; some 30 years ago. She recently wrote a book about her experiences. The other half found one of her comments particularly interesting and timely. We had been discussing the theme of my story a mere day or two ago. I found the story online; we just listened to it. Here's a link if you're interested:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5367035

The line that seemed to encompass the major points/character issues of my story...

"You can only do life once."
Love it...perfect.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!