Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Schmupdates

Since I've been bad about keeping up on current events; here are some highlights; for you...my lovely readers.

Actually worked a 40-hour work week over the past 5 days. Felt good, but also a bit weird. Adjusting to a full week really became difficult. I looked forward to my weekend for the first time in 6 months. So far, so good. I get the feeling that I will be hired on when the time is right and that they will be very open to me taking any time off that I need, for vacations and/or auditions. Should work out well.

I've been very touchy lately. Strange things hit me hard; with no particular reason. I think I'm bipolar (or something). I have moments of strange depression that last about 5 seconds and then they're gone. What sparks them? If I knew, I'm sure I'd be rich. Do we all get those?

Last night's show was fun. Jill made me bust up right before the opening number, and I didn't believe I'd make it through. The conversation went this way...
ME: "I don't think I can do this tonight. I don't have the energy." (something along those lines)
JILL: "Once you get out there, the energy of the crowd will feed you." (something along those lines)
I don't know why I found it that funny (other than the fact that we had about 10 people in the audience), but I had a precious few moments to compose myself before making my first entrance. Damn you Jill!

Thursday night I went to the home of George; our composer/lyricist, to record my part for the cast album. Yes, it's official. I am now a recording artist. I already have calls coming in from Mariah's people, to do some back up work. (Mariah's what came to mind.) It was a super fun experience, and not as awkward as I expected. We all know I'm not a super great singer, but some of my stuff actually sounded palatable, even good. Other parts, not so much. It took about 2 hours to record/fix/re-record. I had a blast and can now say that I am on "Sleeping Ugly-The Musical; The Original Cast Recording" Pretty cool, eh? How do I put that on my resume? Friend Vanessa suggested that I have a section for "Cast Albums".

Another bit of work info. I helped out one of the attorneys on staff by looking through his responses from an ad he placed; for an assistant. To be on the other end of what I've been doing for the past 6 months, was a hoot. In a good and bad way. I got to review cover letters/resumes and general appearance of the replies. I felt a bit high and mighty by being so judgmental, and then a little weird for saying "no", cuz of certain things; like grammatical/spelling errors. They really do count against you. Strange.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!