Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Do I Go?

Two years ago, the other half and I attended the Flashback Weekend in the burbs. That's where I met several cast members of Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and many other classic horror films; as well as a second meeting with George Romero. Last year we didn't go. I don't really recall why. There were persons of interest there, but I didn't make it; for whatever reason. I wasn't planning on going this year; until today. Ken Foree was recently added. For those that care and maybe don't know, he is Peter (the big, burly black guy from the original Dawn of the Dead). In addition, Adrienne Barbeau will be in attendance, and many others that I would have liked to have met, but wasn't going to make a super-duper effort. But now, Ken Foree is there. Should I go? It can be spendy. Of course the other half will go, but wants to get the most expensive VIP package for the weekend. I would as well, but I am poor. If he's up for it, and doesn't care that I'll be adding a small fortune to the already insane amount of money I owe him, well, Okay...

Ken would be the first of the four leads in Dawn of the Dead that I will meet; if I go. Plus, Adrienne Barbeau is a legend; and in some of my most favorite films. Ugh. I guess I should just go. But autographs are spendy, and the other half would want to stay in the same hotel. Also, the VIP package allows you to go into a VIP room w/ the guests, where you can hang out and chat w/ them. That might be worth it; cuz I was talking to Ken Foree about my script (he's partner in a film production company). Schmoozing as well as celebrity worship. I can do that.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!