Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

Replace Christmas with Get Well; and Pageant w/ Gift; and you're on my wavelength. I love to buy stupid little gifties for the other half. It may be some chintzy little toy that cost 50 cents; or some smart remark refrigerator magnet. Well, last week; I found the BEST gift I could ever have discovered for him. He wasn't feeling well last Thursday; so on my way home I stopped at the Brown Elephant (it's been mentioned before in my entries; it's a second hand thrift place) to find some sort of trinket to lift his spirits and rid him of his scratchy throat. I had 7 bucks in my pocket; and not much more on my bank card (these are stripped to the bare bones money days, folks). I went right to the knick knack section (cuz we have sooooo few of those) and immediately, something caught my eye. The item I found was marked at 9 bucks. I ran quickly through the store to see if anything else might suffice. No. I went back to the said item; and figured I'd have a ton of change in my man-purse; so I went up to the counter w/ this perfect piece; and asked to see my bag (you have to check your bags; anti-theft; don't you know). The cashier said his register was not working; and he would charge me only 7 bucks and tax. I flipped. It was meant to be! I of course plopped my money down; and rushed home to prep it for the other half's return. I called him on the cell; and teased him w/ clues. It was a cookie jar w/ two of his favorite cartoon characters. I learned this some 3 years ago when we were flipping channels. He commented on how much he loved this particular 'toon; and so that was in my head when I first saw the item.

Do you remember the bulldog "Marc Anthony" from the old Looney Tunes? He was the big tough dog that is smitten w/ a tiny little kitty. The kitty sleeps on his back; clawing Marc Anthony's fur w/ his paws; until the "bed" is just right. Later; the kitty gets lost in the cookie dough that the owner is mixing. Marc Anthony faints when the mixer starts up; believing that his tiny ward is killed. He takes one of the cookies (in the shape of a cat) and places it on his back; his eyes welling with tears. Of course, the kitty is okay in the end. Yeah!

These characters probably had 2 total cartoons (I don't know) dedicated to their adventures; so it seemed strange that there would be a cookie jar in their honor.

Anyway, the other half could not decipher my clues; and upon the reveal of the gift; he seemed quite happy and surprised. Eventually, I'll post a photo of this rarity, but for now; a photo of Marc Anthony and friend (I don't recall the kitty's name).

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!