Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Stew of Sin #46


Last week; the other half picked up the first season of Riptide on DVD. I watched this fairly regularly when I was a kid, and had fond memories of it. What was particularly titillating about this show was the frequent shirtlessness of its two leads. As a kid I didn't know why this was so fascinating to me, but now I know. We watched the pilot episode last night. It was not without its charms as a fun 80's detective show, but the real star was Perry King without a shirt. Oh heavens. A shirtless Joe Penny was also a treat to behold. I searched high and low on the internet for a photo of Perry King shirtless, but was unable to find one. Damn. This hot non-Riptide photo will have to do. I'm moving Mr. King to the front of the line in my stew. He's aged quite well also; so I will still keep him high on my list. The other fascinating thing about the show was how GAY the relationship was between "Nick" and "Cody". Check out the show again sometime and you'll see what I mean. One particular moment was ultra-gay. "Cody" (King) was describing a man they knew from the docks. This is not verbatim, but it's pretty close. "A good-looking guy, about Nick's height...with saltwater blue eyes." C'mon. They lived together on a boat; were constantly discussing "male" things and chasing the ladies...very competitive; always touting their manliness. Of course back in the 80's, this was all very innocent. My how far we've come in twenty years. Oh, also, there was the fantabulous (you want gay?) scene of the two of them running/driving to catch a suspect; all the time in their tighty whities. Let's just say that Perry King is packing some serious heat. Wish I could test that theory for real. Welcome Perry.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!