Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Make Me Beautiful

The other half (on a whim) picked up the first season of Nip/Tuck on DVD. It was priced right, and he had always expressed interest. All I knew was that it revolved around plastic surgery. Did I have any idea that I had missed so much goodness? Nope. Over the past 4 days, we watched all 13 episodes of season one. We WILL be finding a used copy of the second season, and third, and so on. I was blown away; not only by the incredible performances, but also how risque it was. Nudity, gore and cursing. How did this play on regular cable? What was cut, and how boring must it have been? Spoiler to follow...

The story line w/ Megan and Sean. Last night we viewed the "suicide" episode. It's been eons since I sobbed that hard at any film/TV episode. I tried to stifle the wailing (to keep the other half from mocking me), but simply couldn't contain myself. I don't know what (if anything specifically; at all) made it work. Julie Warner's performance was stunning.

Special mention should be given to Roma Maffia. Whenever she shows up, you know you'll receive uber quality. The lesbian, bitchy anesthesiologist. Brilliant.

Watch this show. Rent it. Netflix it. Buy it. Whatever.

What can I say? I'm hooked. Another related post to follow.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!