Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Monday, February 12, 2007

A Few Other Things

I've neglected other items of note over the past weeks as well.

1) A short film I was part of last year; done by a Columbia College student; was mailed to me a few weeks ago. My Father's House. I had basically three shots and a few voice over lines to do. It was about an hour's worth of work. The final product was quite nice. I was very pleased w/ the editing; and damn if I didn't look good in a suit. :) There were also a few very moving/disturbing shots. A nice surprise from so long ago.

2) The day job is going @ its normal pace, but some commission checks have finally made their way into my grubby little hands. The other half and I were able to get caught up on many outstanding financial items. All is well now, and we are again on the road to a more stable financial status (how many times must I travel THIS road; jeez!).

3) I am just about at my wit's end with the recent Chicago weather. 16 days (if I'm correct) of below freezing temperatures. Tonight and into tomorrow? A pending blizzard with obscene amounts of snow. Sadly, it started snowing today; the same day it got above 30 degrees. Heat wave. No snow, cold temps. Snow, less cold temps. Enough already. It's time to move!

4) What I thought would be a nice, quick project, turned out to be quite the undertaking. The other half and I picked up CD books; to transfer our not-insignificant collection of (yes, I know) antiquated CDs. We have over 500; and it was a big time block to get them transferred. In the end, it felt like a purge; even if the product amount was the same. The space saving was incredible.

5) I picked up the film Fortress on DVD over the weekend. It's a film I've long loved. I first saw it on HBO (an original film from their studios) in 1985. It was released on DVD last year, but I have been so broke; I chose to hold off. Well, this weekend, I broke down. It is now mine. I watched a few moments to see how different the quality was; as compared to my recorded from TV VHS tape I had 20 years ago. Quite a difference. It's another of my movie/movie soundtrack quests come to an end. Mark it off the list. Hmmm. What happens when I finally get them all? Will my need to keep breathing continue? Stay tuned.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!