Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Monday, March 19, 2007

"I'm not a director, but I play one on TV..." Part 2

Time: Two production meetings before the shoot; a few weeks ago.

DP Clare and I met up w/ David and Jeff, the two crew members kind enough to give up their weekend for the first few days of shooting. We went over who would bring what, what equipment would be at our disposal and other various bits that needed addressing.

Then, that weekend, I made one final trip to the location to work w/ my cast and do some massive shopping for craft services. Lester (cast member and homeowner of the location) agreed to take on the cooking and prep work for the shoot weekends. Thank you Lester!

Fast forward to a little over a week ago. DP Clare came by for our final production meeting. As it turned out, there was really no need. The other half grumbled, "Are you finished beating that dead horse yet?" But, it gave me some semblance of stress relief; knowing that we were pretty much where we needed to be. Whatever happened from there on out would have to be dealt w/ as it occurred. No more prep.

My bosses @ the day job had agreed to give me Friday and Monday off. Friday for the shoot and Monday cuz I foresaw that I would be useless in the office after a 3 day weekend shoot. I was right. Today off was certainly needed.

French Toast; the first weekend shoot; coming up in the next entry.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!