Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Things of a Happening Nature

Movies, concerts, auditions, etc.

Do you care; my avid readers of 0? I care; about what I tell you and about what you have to say. It's pushing 2am Sunday morning...pseudo final tax day (w/out the generous extension). Have I filed yet? No. Long story regarding a tax form I didn't really need. Life...Ha, life.

I still have 2 days of French Toast shooting to notate in blog form. I'm behind by weeks, but here I am typing things of a different happening nature.

Let's go backwards.

Tonight, the other half and I had (I'm guessing) about 15th row center seats for diva-extraordinaire; Diana Ross. I was never a huge fan; but she was worth the extravagant price we paid. I knew most of the songs, thus I didn't feel quite so stupid w/ the "fan" fans that were also in attendance. It was about 1 hour and 20 minute show; w/ no intermission. Shorter than I expected, but jam packed. It was one of those evenings to remember; specifically the moment when the other half and I realized we had just seen Diana Ross sing "Stop In the Name of Love". When you come right down to it, that's no small potatoes.

Last night, we watched Saw II and Saw III. This is worth noting, cuz I truly despised the original. Fun concept, but ultimately worthless. Well, shut my mouth. The two sequels were great fun, oogy messes of gory nastiness and surprisingly, some very poignant moments; specifically w/ Angus McFayden's (sp?) character set up in Saw III. Shawnee Smith was also magnificent. She's come a long way since 1988's The Blob remake. Fun unexpected twists; Donnie Wahlberg and a pit of dirty syringes. Very good times. I must say, I'm very surprised by how much I enjoyed them.

Of course, before I went to bed, there were some Friday the 13th bits to be had on "on demand". It is; after all; a holy day for me; and any good holy man knows that he must pay proper respects during those holy times. I would usually pick one of my favorites from the series for a proper holy day sacrifice (parts 2, 3, 4, 6 & 7), but I decided on Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. I hadn't seen it since it was originally released on video; almost 20 years ago. What a howler. All good fun though. I had to watch it in pieces. It was late when we got started, so we watched half last night and half in between my frequent naps today. I'm sure you can tell; it was a very productive Saturday.

I had an audition this week w/ my Milwaukee agent; for a TV commercial. I was called the next day and told I was on a "very short list"; apparently 4 people up for the role. It would be my first gig w/ this agent; and honestly, my first commercial gig ever. I did a print ad about 7 years ago that I never saw. Anyway; I was pretty pumped about this possible turn of events. I have yet to hear if I got it. There were to be possible callbacks yesterday; but I never got any final word. The shoot is in about a week or so, so keep your fingers crossed. I find it funny that I'm turning 33 this year and have yet to book an actual commercial. Meanwhile, many of my college-mates and contemporaries are booking things left and right. I feel a bit embarrassed that I am so excited over my first possible commercial this late in my life. To hell w/ it. God I hope I get it!

While out and about today, I picked up a DVD copy of Gymkata. Folks, this has been a long time coming. It's one of the greatest "bad" movies of the 80's; perhaps of all time. I had it recorded from some time ago. It was one of those late night HBO movies that I used to love. I know I had the ability to order a VHS copy online (ebay or wherever), but I loved prolonging the search. Had I found a used copy @ a second hand place, it would have been a great big, nerdy deal. Well, a couple of months ago, Amazon got together w/ Warner Bros. and made a list (based on fan suggestions) of films that should (nay, must) be released on DVD. Gymkata was among them. I assumed the only possible way to get them; was by ordering directly from Amazon. Well, when we stopped by the Virgin Megastore on Michigan Avenue, I decided to take a gander. THERE IT WAS! I paid 20 bucks for it, but decided that that wasn't bad for a 20 year search. (one buck a year?). Sadly, this brings my "list" down another notch. What happens when all of the cheesy 80's items I covet are finally in my grubby little hands? I guess I die. Hmmm. Better continue the search. Still to be found? A CD (impossible); cassette tape (possible); vinyl (located on ebay; but I don't have a record player) copy of the soundtrack for Howard the Duck. Nerds unite!

I've got the TV on right now, watching one of my old faves (should I add it to my fave list?); Any Which Way You Can. Geoffrey Lewis is very cute in this. The other half's downstairs sleeping (it is 2am). I've nothing to do tomorrow, but catch up on all of my blogging, file my taxes; and do some more napping. Not a bad Sunday to look forward to.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!