Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Monday, June 04, 2007

It's Raining Outside...

...and I'm sitting here in bed watching Welcome to 18 on VHS, and getting ready to take a nap. Took the day off. It appears I'm going to have to make another appointment w/ my dentist (I had 4 fillings last Wednesday); and I've been having consistent headaches; and this morning @ about 12:30am; I was up w/ major pain. I took some pain relievers and crashed on the couch (finally). So, needless to say, I didn't sleep well. Go figure. Called in sick. I still feel like shit. Just an fyi; I hadn't seen a dentist since I was still covered by my parent's insurance; back in college. No need to try and figure that out. It was about 12 years ago. So, considering my absence from the dentist's chair, I only had 4 cavities; and everything else was healthy and good. All quickly done and I am set up for a cleaning in 6 months. Not too shabby for such a long wait. Spectacular oral hygiene on my part? Somewhat. Luck? You betcha!

A few movies over the past few weeks. United 93. Did I already write about this? I don't recall. Horrifying; made me nauseous. Loved it (as much as I could love a movie that made me want to barf). Last night; Junebug. Absolutely splendid! Amazing performances. Amy Adams certainly deserved her Oscar nom. Great cast, and Alessandro Nivola's naked butt. I might have to add him to my stew of sin. The Haunting (the original). If you haven't seen this, make every effort to do so. I was blown away; and goosebump-y the whole time. A few actual gasps and "holy s***" moments later, I place it on my scariest movie list. First heard about this from Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments. Brilliant; and the lesbian "mystery" was quite powerful, and shocking for the early sixties. Two words: Trap Door. Beware. The Grudge 2. Pretty lame. I actually found myself falling asleep. A few good moments, but certainly not as memorable as the first (I have yet to see the original Japanese versions). Probably not worth your time to check this one out.

Yesterday, I assisted House of Black Wings director David and DP Clare for some insert shots (mostly establishing shots of the coffee shop and of the Blackwood itself). Another reunion; and more learning (I got to use the dolly they had rigged).

More updates to come...

1 comment:

Always Around Kids said...

I agree with you on United 93-- terrific movie that was hard to sit through. You didn't comment on this, but I thought that the real-time, documentary style was brilliant. I thought that throwing the story out there and letting the viewer bring their own emotion to it was a smart and respectful move. (And I was intrigued to see that the 'actors' in the military and the FAA control rooms were actually playing themselves.)

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!