Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Monday, June 04, 2007

What's going on with "French Toast"?

I'll tell you; if you really need to know that badly.

UPS never did arrive to pick up the software we had ordered and found to be faulty. So, we got our new computer (turns out that our computer wasn't fast enough to capture the footage properly; regardless of the software). So, once the new computer arrived (complete w/ uber fast performance), I decided to try the Pinnacle Studio Movie Box once more. Lo and behold; it works. So, my apologies to Pinnacle for my bashing of it previously. It was my computer; not your software. Where am I now w/ the process? All of the footage (about 6.25 hours) has been captured and saved onto the computer; and I have begun my rough cut of the film. I'm having so much fun, and it's amazing how much time can pass while I'm working on the edit. It completely sucks you in. There are some really great cuts I've made (very natural) and some cuts that are going to require some innovative thinking to make work. I think @ this time; that the first cut of the film will surpass 20 minutes in length. The sound aspect is quite daunting, but as each attempt is completed, that also becomes more managable. There are some great moments from my actors; and I hope I'm able to highlight all of these bits. I believe I can have a decent rough cut by month's end (assuming I have time; which I don't...this month is crazy busy). So, onward I go to create my first film. Once again, I am loving this process. DP Clare was over on Saturday to view some of the footage I've been working on; and she wasn't completely horrified by what she saw. She seemed pleased. The veteran gives the thumbs up. More updates on this later...btw, the reason I haven't been posting; is cuz my editing schedule doesn't allow me to do so. In case you were wondering...

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!