Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Let It All Out...Blog Style

This could be one of those marathon-diary-entry-style blogs. Thus, I calmly, but firmly ask that you strap yourselves in. I've got a lot of garbage to get off of my chest. "For Goddsake, strap yourselves in!" And with that line from one of the best-worst movies ever made, we dive right in.

I plan to update each topic as it pertains to my current state.

Family: Found out on Sunday (just cuz I happened to call my mom to say hello) that my older brother had surgery last week after an unfortunate turn of events that led to "blowing out his achilles tendon". Ouch. I felt extremely grateful that someone had called me to let me know of his injury and surgery. He'll be in therapy for at least a year. My sympathies to him (that's for real). Call it selfish, call it whatever you want, but I was PISSED that no one called me to let me know. My mother said, "I didn't think it was my place"....Okay. My sister-in-law's reply was, "You were on my list". I forgive her; as she had the emergency to deal with. I get it. But my mom not calling me. What's that all about? Jeez Louise! Had I not called, I probably still would not have known what had happened. That's just peachy!

Day Job: Had a group interview (aren't these the lamest things) for a seasonal job @ Restoration Hardware. I did well, and was asked by the interviewer to stay behind after the remaining "contestants" were finished. They apparently saw more in me than the others. In addition, I was the one who brought up "what happens after the season is over?". Anyway, I seem a shoe-in and was interviewed by one of the other managers that no one else spoke to. Then again (based on the pessimisstic state I'm in right now) I've just jinxed it. I should know within a week. The other half also found a listing for a receptionist for a chiropractor's office. Part time. The ad stated that one of the main tasks of the new hire is to "make the docs laugh". Well, I can do that. All of the other requirements I met, so I sent my resume online. Within an hour, I had a call. I will interview for the job on Friday. It would be kind of cool to get both gigs, so things wouldn't be so monotonous. We'll see what happens.

Acting: I sent my headshot/resume in for a short film. I have an audition on Saturday morning. The audition (as well as the shoot itself, obviously) will require a great deal of making out with a woman. I've never really done a love scene of any kind, so this should be interesting. I figure it's another credit on my resume, and adt'l reel/photo material. We'll see what happens on that one as well.

House of Black Wings: Director/friend David had a viewing this evening; of his rough cut for the film. Looks spectacular. Now that I've gotten over my initial jitters of seeing myself, I think I look pretty good and did a nice job...servicing the role well. I'm very excited to have been a part of this project, as it gets better each time I see new footage. The climax is quite unnerving, and the addition of sound effects and music will surely make this a difficult one to swallow (in a good way, of course). Already, it's tense and very spooky. All but one of the main crew was present for the viewing, and David was very appreciative for everything on the screen; stuff that we had all put our time and hearts into. I'm anxious for more additions to the product.

Random thought: David and friend Chris (AD on HOBW) said something this evening, that I found myself thinking about on the way home (note: this section is not to berate their opinions, I'm simply explaining myself and my own opinions on the subject). From what David said, apparently there's a big to-do in the film biz about using a certain terminology in the opening credits of a film. It's the "A film by (insert name here)". I don't think there's ever been any doubt that a film is a collaboration. No one can succeed alone. The timing struck me as odd, as I had just shown David my latest cut of French Toast; in which I have before the title in the opening credits, "A film by Michael Klug". I don't believe David was referencing me, he's not that way. However, I was a bit irritated. I have no intention of changing it. Does this make me an ungrateful bastard? That's your decision to make. I've always loved that terminology. It is an accomplishment; and something I'm proud of. It's not as if the entire cast and crew are left out. They receive credit and certainly, my undying gratitude for the time and effort they put forth. But in the end, if I hadn't thought up the idea, written it, and started the fire to begin with, no one would have had the opportunity to work on it. That sort of...makes it my film. Doesn't it? There, I'm an asshole. On the other hand, I hate that I'm made to feel guilty about such things. Those that worked with me or will work with me in the future will never have the slightest doubt that they were needed or appreciated. That's not me or the way I work. The bottom line, is that since I was kid; dreaming about being an actor, a star or a movie director, I've always wanted my name up in lights. This serves that need. Thus, I will continue; despite the objections of friends, family or co-workers. You may make your judgements @ this time.

Move: Still no word on our departure. Limbo continues; to my everlasting joy. However, as I mentioned in a previous entry, our property went on the market on Monday. Tuesday night, our realtor already had three separate parties in to see the place. No bites, but the games have begun.

French Toast: Adt'l tracks received by Shafeeg today. Some good stuff, but I still feel as though our communication continues to strain. I'm not giving him the instruction/feedback he needs, thus I'm not getting exactly what I want/need. I know this is my problem. Anyone that might have suggestions, now is the time to come forth. I've also worked some more on the sound, and I've got to say, I'm irritated. I will be meeting with a sound person tomorrow; someone I found via Craig's List. I pray that he will be able to ease my tensions. We'll have to see what happens.

With that, I believe I've covered a good deal of my gripes/observations. Oh, there is one more. I haven't updated my blog with the movies I've seen in the past weeks. Loser. Lazy...and such.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!