Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Monday, October 22, 2007

You Know What?

Stop having children! For Godssake, how many more stories do I have to read about loser, mentally unfit parents with newly born, then newly dead infants? I am no longer able to watch television news without seeing something about a murdered infant or child. And let's be clear, I'm not a great lover of children (I don't wish them harm). I think they're cool (especially my nieces), but in general I'd rather hang w/ adults; not kids. I've always taken issue w/ the way news stations report disasters. "This (insert any random great, big disaster here) took the lives of 5,908 people...including 2 children." I can't tolerate that anymore. I see the point of many people that "they hadn't had the chance to live; thus it was a greater tragedy", etc. But my question is, what were the adults that perished? Chopped liver? So, suffice to say that I'm not a children's advocate (I'm actually more indifferent to children...take 'em or leave 'em. They're fun sometimes, and other times they are gladly given back into the arms of the parent). However, this recent epidemic of children being murdered by their parents (whether pre-meditated or an accident based on the parent's stupidity) that are splattering the news; make me more irritated than even Bush's constant moronic words and actions. What is going on?

I hate to quote a line from a Keanu Reeves character, but I don't feel I can keep it inside...and it's certainly fitting for this topic. Do you remember his character in Parenthood (one of my all time favorite films)? His character discusses his obviously abusive childhood with his future mother-in-law (Dianne Wiest). I don't have the movie handy, so I'm paraphrasing this a bit.

"You need a license to carry a gun, to drive a car. Hell, you need a license to catch a fish, but they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father."

Can't we institute some form of screening for parent wannabes? Shouldn't they take some exams, both mental and physical to determine if they can handle the financial and emotional stress of having children? Get a big ol' "Approved" stamped on their genitals and on their foreheads? Something. ANYTHING, cuz this is getting out of control!

I just watched a report on TV regarding this developing story. It's what got me all up in arms. Check out the link. Unbelievable!

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/story/225705.html

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!