Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Barack and Hill, Sittin' in a Tree!

Great debate tonight. While I'll be the first to admit that some heated insults add some drama, I really enjoyed the actual exchange about issues. They both handled it all quite well, and I am agreeing w/ some of the analysis I saw afterward...Barack did his best debate work this evening. A few things.

1) Hill had the best line of the evening...I'm paraphrasing here. One of the questions for my gal, Hill; was about the fact that for the past 20 years, there has been a Clinton or a Bush in office, and why should she take office; and have that trend continue. Well, Hill's reply was approximately this, "A Clinton had to clean up after the first Bush, so I guess that could be the same situation here". Hell, that's probably way off, but you get the idea. Nice one, Hill.

2) While I see why Barack has used and will no doubt, continue to make an issue out of Hill's original vote on the Iraq war, I believe her constant explanations; especially this evening's, are sufficient. Let it go already. She gave Bush the go-ahead for some intervention in Iraq, not knowing he would take the phrase "power hungry" to a new height of insanity. I believe her; and that's that. Leave it be.

3) The entire evening was so cordial. It seemed as if they had a great time tonight. It was refreshing. I think they'll make a great team; and that was even brought up tonight. Just the other day, the other half and I were discussing who each would choose as a running mate. We were discussing Bill Richardson as the probable top contender. After tonight, it seems clear that Clinton would be a fool not to choose Obama as her running mate, and vice versa. The crowd also seemed to like this idea. I believe the two of them; no matter who ends up wearing the crown, would make for an unstoppable team.

4) Upon completion of the debate, I still have high hopes and a love for my gal, Hill. However, my indifference toward Obama seems to be on the outs...moving toward more positive fields.

This is gonna get exciting!

Oh yeah. One more thing. I completely disagree w/ Obama's plan to have the troops out of Iraq w/in 16 months. Not that I don't want them returned home; just that I believe an actual time frame setup will bite Obama in the ass. I much prefer Clinton's non-commital tactic. I think they both agree that it will be a difficult, detail-ridden, carefully planned ordeal. Clinton believes (and I agree) that by simply starting the process, the message will be loud and clear to the Iraqi government. We don't need a date of final departure to make our point. Plus, if things don't go as quickly as possible (which I would expect things to take longer than 16 months), Clinton would not have a date hanging over her head; and have to deal w/ the backpaddling that would accompany an extended deadline. I think she's being realistic, while Obama is being overly optimistic. That's a huge, ugly mess over there, and it's gonna take some real time and planning to make it semi-pretty again. I agree w/ you 100%, Hill. Stick to your guns. For Goddsake, don't give a date.

And, I actually missed Edwards. I'm glad the pool has shrunk, but I feel bad that he didn't do as well as hoped; and had now left the race.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!