Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Maidenhead

Friend (and current roomie) Lorri kindly showed me a cut of her upcoming film, Maidenhead. It is with temp sound and temp score, but already super good.

Here's a link to the current website. The film is still in post (obviously).

http://maidenheadmovie.com/

Lorri is so good...hell, in everything she does. Makes you a bit sick. I hate uber-talented folks. They irritate me...but in a good way, I guess. It's a film she wrapped last year, and co-stars AJ Bowen of The Signal (had a brief stint in the theatres recently; got good reviews) and Michael Parks (apparently one of Tarantino's stable of actors). A quick synopsis...young man (Bowen) takes care of his aging dad (Parks); who happens to be a vampire. Won't say more; cuz I don't want to give it away. It's shot in black and white, and has echoes of everything from Vertigo to Romero's Martin. I confirmed w/ Lorri that indeed the lead character of Martin was an homage to Uncle George's vampire masterpiece. With the exception of one scene, the film has a timeless quality. It seems to take place in many eras; but a great deal of the credit for that goes to the score; which is obviously a borrowed one. It's apparently taken from some Hitchcock films (I heard some Psycho in there---God bless you Bernard Herrmann). I hope the new score is able to capture the feel of the temp score, cuz it completely works, and really gives the entire experience a unique feel.

Frankly, I didn't get to concentrate on Lorri's performance (of course it was good), cuz I was really drawn in to the film. I guess that's a good thing. Correction, she and her co-star (Bowen) had really great chemistry. There. That works. Performance commentary. Plus, Bowen is really cute.

I won't give anything away here, but there's one special effect that is super, super, super. Eerie. Nasty...in great ways. Kudos to all.

Hook me up Lorri. I want to work with these folks. They seem nifty.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!