Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Stuff That Might Interest Someone

I haven't blogged in quite some time. So. What do you people want from me, regular updates? I guess I can try to deliver, but I've got a life to live here. Okay, not much of a life; but updates are required nonetheless.

Still on the search for work. We have less than a week left w/ the Saints Wilson. We'll have to take up friend Leah on her offer of shelter; once our time here is complete. I'm hopeful we can get a place and jobs and income, etc, soon, for I am very anxious to have our own space. This doesn't mean, however, that I'm not having a great time hanging out w/ Jason and Lorri. I'm super happy that I've gotten the chance to get to know them better. I'm actually having a blast here. We've been playing poker, a board game of Jason's called "Zombies!!!" (news flash, I love zombies), and watching tons of trash TV. They're TV junkies, introducing us to such guilty pleasures as Keeping up with the Kardashians (sp?), and one very painful episode of The Hills. Also, Lorri and I have been casually chatting about working on some sort of business plan-film related of course. No specifics yet, but we're both determined to not have to work day jobs anymore. I'll keep it updated.

We've also been finding our way about in the LA area. Strangely, we've been in a couple of rush hours thus far, as well as "regular traffic" (whatever that means), and I don't find myself stressed, or killing myself, trying to find my way around. Yesterday we took a drive out to Santa Monica (our intended final settlement area), walked from the Third Street Promenade all the way down to Venice Beach (which was an absolute hoot); and back...about 8 miles total. Nice to get some walking in...the most since we left our beloved Chicago. Don't let that fool you. I'm really enjoying this area so far. We feel quite at home. I have the sense that we are going to do quite well here (I will not accept that I just jinxed myself...I think the negative crap is behind me now). We found the house on the boardwalk that the other half has been eyeing. It's over 3 million, but we can (not hope) but plan. Take that universe! :) It's not sold. I see why...it's right in the middle of all the chaos that is the beachfront. Wacky! However, the house itself is fabulous. We didn't see inside, but per the other half, it's 3 br/3bath and the exterior is beautiful...currently including a bum on the front stoop. Neat. Anyway, we're not ruling it out, but a place in Santa Monica would probably be more of our speed.

So, you want to know about The Price is Right, do ya? Neither of us got to contestant's row, and therefore not on stage, but we did have an amazing time. Loved it. The taping we were at, will be aired on June 5th, so take a look. We were in the third row, just to the left of contestant's row (that's left if you're Drew on stage--stage left), so we did get some camera time. Plus, I was wearing a Charlie's Angel t-shirt. My network television debut...sad, isn't it? A few observations. The models, while they look plastic and unappealing on television, are actually quite stunning in person. Drew was a stitch, taking time to chat w/ the audience during "commercial" breaks. Both the other half and I got to shake hands w/ him after the taping ended. The studio was quite tiny...and just as kitchy as it looks on the tube. It was a bit sad; seeing all of the magic in person. I've watched this show since childhood, so it left me a bit depressed. However, it was just awesome to see all of the behind the scenes action (not to mention the hot cue card dude. Nice). While we waited for our taping @ 4pm (we had to be there @ 7am to get in line), we discovered The Grove; a fun shopping center just a few blocks away from the studio. It's attached to the LA Farmer's Market; which I am absolutely in love with. A maze of shops, restaurants, fruit stands, delis, bars, etc. Just awesome. It's my new favorite place. I think it's located in West Hollywood/LA. I'm unsure of the exact location; since everything is so mixed together. Hey, I'm still learning. Oh, btw, as we were wandering The Grove on our 3 hour break before we had to be in line @ the studio (we taped @ 4pm, but had to be in line by 12:30pm--yeah, tell me about it. Bad benches and bad news for my back; I'm still reeling from all of the sitting and waiting), we saw Aaron Eckhart in Barnes & Noble. He looked great in person; fabulous hair and handsome face. He is also one of the entrants into my Stew of Sin, so it was a great horny pleasure. We also thought we spotted Heather Locklear, but after careful stalking, we discovered it was not her. So, our visit to CBS Studios did not give us "A NEW CAR!!!", but we did fulfill lifelong dreams. We do plan to return for another shot at contestant's row, but not for awhile.

Today, we found our way back to The Grove to meet w/ old college chum, Kate. We had a wonderful breakfast @ The Farm, met her friend Michael/Mickey (an awesome guy) and all four of us attended a screening of Ironman (Iron Man?)...with several obnoxious, chatty children. More on the film later. For now...I loved it! We then went to one of the main eating/drinking sections of The Farmer's Market and sat drinking and eating and chatting for a couple of hours. It was a blast. Both the other half and I are convinced that our social lives will be drastically different than they were in Chicago. We plan to become part of Kate's Friday night social group...every week @ The Farmer's Market. Fun times.

More later, cuz I'm sure I've missed something...but I hope all are well. Perhaps the next time I report, things will be more stable...in every possible way. I hold hope that that will be the case.

Love.

klugula

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what date was the p is right taping?

klugula said...

This last Thursday the 15th. Good times...hell, GREAT times!

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!