Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Mamma Mia! -- A Sneak Peek

Since I signed something stating I wouldn't talk about it, or reveal anything, I will write my review now, save it for later, but give you a couple of thoughts now, just cuz I want to tell the world.

The other half got two tickets for the preview performance of Mamma Mia!--The Movie. Since we don't have jobs, this was ideal for us, since it was @ 4pm this afternoon.

1.) Meryl has not won an Oscar since '82; when she took it home for Sophie's Choice. Sure, she's been nominated another bajillion times, but not won. My prediction, based on her INCREDIBLE performance, is that this year will mark Oscar # 3 for my gal Meryl, at the very least, another nomination. Stunning...and she sold everything...not that she ever does less than her best.

2.) Amanda Seyfreid (who I'd only seen in Mean Girls previously) will receive a supporting actress nod from the big guy; Oscar.

3.) This will be a HUGE hit. Those who saw the musical will fall in love anew, cuz there's so much more you can see in close up...I don't care if you had front row seats.

4.) The locations were insanely gorgeous.

5.) I was goose-bumped through more than half of the film. That's just an estimate.

6.) I cried during at least 1/2 of the songs. That's not an estimate. I kept track.

7.) Possible Best Picture nom?

8.) It's been a very long time since I found a movie to be so innocent and moving in its celebration of love, life and music. It had me from the first moment, and I was literally grumpy when I returned to reality. My stay with these people in Greece was too short-lived.

9.) "I couldn't have loved it more." That's what I told the other half when we exited the theatre.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!