Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Notes of the Past Days

Heard from the other half, just a few days ago. I don't know what it means. "Fart your ass, bitch, f*** way through life". I don't recall what it was in reference to, but he sure was mad. You silly gay person, you.

Other random updates.

That movie I auditioned for; weeks ago? I forgot to notate that I did not get it.

We are still looking for jobs. Why am I not now? Well, frankly, I needed a break. Several "lookie-loos", but no one will just commit. The other half has had many interviews, they all love him, but are unwilling to make a choice...yes or no, boneheads! However, we are still afloat, paid up to July 13th on our rent. Nice.

We went to the DMV. In fact, all day Wednesday was spent at two separate locations. The grand total for all of our "new residency" bullshit? $260.00. My ass still hurts from that ridiculous raping. Two new driver's licenses (which will be MAILED to us w/in 2 weeks...what shit is that?) $28.00/a piece. Running total? $56.00. I had to take the written exam twice. The first time I failed by one question, and the second one I breezed by w/ the highest amount you could have wrong and still pass. Who the fuck are they trying to mess up w/ these questions? Seriously. Some are trying to be so tricky, and they end up working. Christ, I've been driving for a long time, and the majority of the questions asked, could have had several right answers. I was so very angry by the time we left. Plus, they put a hole punch through my IL license; right where it says the expiration year. I've got some piddly ass piece of paper I'm supposed to use as ID, but it says right on it "not a valid license". I swear, I am so tired of the man. The other half said it best, "it costs alot to live life". Actually, I corrected him. It costs alot to follow the rules in life. Well, the other half flunked his first (also by one question) and got a 100% on his second. It's on our refrigerator door now. I was in awe of the fact that I was actually having some friggin' test anxiety when I took the second one. Jesus! We then had to go to a different building, a few blocks away, to get our new license plates, registration, etc. Since the truck was given an estimated weight, we had to drive clear into downtown LA to get it weighed, $15.00. Then, do a smog check, thankfully nearby the DMV ($60.00). Then, the registration fees were about $110.00. Once we got our exact weight, it was another $16.00. I'm too much of an idiot to add it up right now, but it's gotta be glose to $260.00. Use some vaseline for Chrissakes! So, we got our new plates right then and there, and are awaiting our new licenses. But, we're officially CA citizens. Yeah!

Friend Justin contacted me this week, and asked if I would be a part of his upcoming shoot. He's written and will be directing a webseries. I won't tell you too much, but I finished the script today. It's quite funny. Great bits, fun characters and wonderful homages to a great many pop culture classics. I went to his place Wednesday night for a final rehearsal. I was intended to play various roles, but instead I will be serving as script supervisor. It's not the usual tasks for such a job, but it's doing something w/ my time. It shoots over the next two weekends. I really wish I would have known about this some time ago, cuz I don't see that Justin is super well organized. Not that I'm dissing him, but he seems to be taking on most of the tasks himself, and that is never easy. Since I'm a whiz w/ organization and lists, I would have been of great help to him @ an earlier time. But for now, it seems that the train is barrelling down the mountain and at this time, it's just best to go along w/ everything. As is, I've made notations and bookmarked all of the scenes to be covered this weekend. I told the other half that I was reminded of some direct but spot-on words I received from friend Chris Hyatt; when I was prepping for French Toast. I had scheduled 3 days of shooting. I was chugging along nicely until he asked me what the length was. I replied w/ about 20 pages. He then said, "that's about 7 pages a day, that's pretty--" Shit, what did he say, optimistic? Something along those lines. I was horrified and we ended up shooting about 5 days. So, I'm seeing this being repeated by friend Justin; especially when I'm marking the scenes on the weekend's agenda. Maybe he's shooting w/ two cameras? What do I know? I best just shut up.

I had a dream the other night. Shockingly enough, it was a zombie dream. However, I was reminded that I've had similar dreams before. Apparently in this series of undead nightmares, I am some kind of Spiderman-esque gymnast who can get atop doors and counters and refigerators w/ a single bound. It certainly comes in handy when you're trying to escape the flesh hungry, gripping hands of the recently deceased. I don't recall much else about this episode. Wasn't that a fascinating tale?

I haven't worked at all on any of my scripts. We still have no furniture and sitting against the wall (as I'm doing now) gets a bit trying after a while. Bummer.

More later.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!