Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

3 Bitches That Are Pissing Me Off !

Before anyone gets up in arms, let me point out that I am disgusted w/ several men in the public eye as well. I just liked this title cuz it'll anger people. So there. On the other hand, there are several women in the public eye whom I'm in love with currently. Bad men: 1) George Bush--as always, I hate him. 2) Rick Davis--One of McCain's cronies. And now, the awesome women: 1) Rachel Maddow--love her new show on MSNBC. 2) Whoopi Goldberg--I love her as the moderator on The View. No nonsense.

And now, the 3 bitches that are currently REALLY PISSING ME OFF!

1) Princess Ariel. No, not the innocent, beautiful heroine of The Little Mermaid. I'm talking about Thundarr the Barbarian's shapely sidekick. As I've said in recent entries, we've re-discovered this classic cartoon on Boomerang. It's on every night @ 10pm, and we've been very good about keeping up with the Moks. That's Ucla (sp?) for those who know the show. He's the cat-like, Chewbacca-esque sidekick for our muscular hero, Thundarr (and his fabulous sunsword). Anyway, onto Ariel. She's useless. She uses her magic only when it's convenient. She makes snide remarks when Thundarr saves her ass, then complains that she doesn't get enough face time or credit when battling the baddies. What's irritated me since I was a kid (yes, I noticed this when I was 8) and watched this gem, was the fact that she would put her hands together over her head, conduct her magic (mostly bridge-making) and save the day. However, whenever she is captured and her hands tied...OVER HER HEAD, she is incapable of using her sorcery. C'mon. She's got a great rack and all, but her attitude definitely needs some adjustment. I'm sure that Ucla and Thundarr are happy when she comes to the rescue, but you never see them rubbing it into her face when they keep her from harm...which is often. She, on the other hand, never fails to ask for kudos when she is the one to save the day. Last night's episode saw the walls of a pyramid crumbling around the group on a rickety raft, being chased by snake men. Ucla was rowing, Thundarr was slashing his "fabulous sunsword". What was Ariel doing? Standing there, hands to her side, blankly watching the world fall around her. Way to go, Princess.

2) Kenley of this season's Project Runway. Did anyone see this last night? I know friend Lisa O. did, cuz she gave a spoiler alert. Thanks Lisa. I'll kick your ass later! :) Kenley has become increasingly defensive as the season has progressed, and now that she has attacked Tim, when he's simply trying to help, I'm through with her. BTW, who would ever be mean to Tim? Perhaps TV and creative editing has made him out to be the helpful, saintly design queen we know and love, but I doubt it. Leave Tim alone (as the poll said on last night's episode)! Kenley's whiny, teary defense of her consistently bad design, is really ballsy. Why, the preview for next week's show, has her getting pissy with Heidi! Where do you stop? I hope to God most of the judges don't take things personally, and really look @ the design only, but hell, it has to be hard, week after week, to have Kenley bitching about how wrong they are, when they are the seasoned veterans. What a bitch!

3) Finally, I have to make another jab at the Republican VP nominee. Sarah Palin is falling fast. To again use a Kathy Griffin standby, with my own take on the phrase, "each falling poll is like a hug from Jesus". I watched portions of her interview with Katie Couric, and I think that Katie did well about not letting Palin off the hook. When asked about specifics regarding McCain's past history with regulating the big companies on Wall Street, she stumbled and spouted some nonsense. Katie pushed the issue, and Palin replied with (this is not an exact quote) something along the lines of, --I'll have to check on that. I'll get back to you.-- On top of all of that, Palin defended her "foreign policy" statement, about the proximity of Alaska to Russia. This is getting ridiculous. Is everyone getting this? Does anyone have any questions about this pathetic Republican campaign? Please pay attention, USA, cuz we can't afford to f*** this up! I won't even bring up the McCain bull**** of the past week or so. The Republicans are digging their own grave, and thankfully/mercifully, they're digging fast. So, no more McCain talk, this is all about the women.

Wow. Just today, I heard talk about possible Republican follow up stunts to the wackiness that is/was the choice of Palin. I heard talk about replacement. Admittedly, it was from liberal Democrats, but still...it was brought up. The words have been spoken. The universe has heard this possibility, and there is no taking it back. Wow.

So, today is my attack on "the bitches". Sexist? Maybe. Deserved complaints? Yes.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!