Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Butt Cheeks

Job hunt '08, as friend Chris put it. It's still ongoing, not to anyone's surprise. I have renewed hope, as the other half had 5 interviews this last week, and I had 3. Let me tell you about the best one on my end. I'll be heartbroken if I don't end up landing it.

It's a Contract Associate for Actor's Equity. Why do I love this possible gig? Let me count the ways. It's a 5 minute walk from my home. Neat. It has benefits after about 30 days. It's in the industry. Relatively casual dress code. It would pay pretty well. It's a 35 hour work week. Did I mention that it's 5 minutes away? Lunch at home. No traffic. No driving. No public transportation...and no money spent on transport. Sweet.

I thought the interview went exceptionally well. Of course, I've thought that before, so I will try to keep my excitement to a minimum...God forbid I should get my hopes up. I did go over in my interview time by about 15 minutes, and the interviewer said it was okay cuz she liked chatting w/ me.

Other positives? The person I would be replacing is done by this coming Friday. This means, I won't have to wait for an answer on the job. I should know by Monday or Tuesday. Nice. On the other hand, my interview w/ Z Gallerie worked out well, so I'll have a second interview on Wednesday. I also am to hear about Cost Plus by early in the week as well. All three look good, but I definitely want the Equity gig. Super want it. No evenings and no weekends. Could it be more perfect? I ask you.

In other news, we wrapped for the week on Big Bother. More of the shoot will be in October some time, but for now, we're done. The four days went very quick. Nice to be back w/ all of those folks. It's a good time. I'm anxious to see how it all comes out.

Also, that short I was to do...is up in the air. I think I was replaced, but never heard back from the director about it. Not sure what's up w/ that. No reply to my latest email...last week. Hmmm. I sure do love good communication.

Sid's Apple is back in the front part of my brain. I sent the latest draft to friends Chris and Lorri. Waiting on Lorri's feedback, but Chris offered some nice comments. We're planning to meet up to discuss. On that same topic, I was given the most recent draft of Chris's current project. Gave him plenty of feedback, but will discuss w/ him when next we meet. It was a great deal of fun, full of action, and very intelligent. Good humor and some very interesting images...both kooky and freaky. I'll say nothing of the plot/story, but let's just say it's very timely. I'm very excited to see what he does to tighten it up and move ahead on this project. Of course, I've already put in my bid for the parts I was interested in. Life's too short, right? No beating around the bush for me.

An update on my uncle. Not sure if you remember, but he had a pseudo-stroke. It has been revealed that indeed he had two strokes, and is now living temporarily with his daughter, 6 hours from his own home near my mother. I spoke to my mom tonight, and apparently, he's doing very well. His vision is completely back to normal, and he has the okay to start driving again. In addition, his speech is almost back to normal, and he is ready to leave behind the craziness of his daughter's busy house to return to his hermit like retirement. That's not a bad thing, that's just my uncle. And if he's ready to get back to his freedom and quiet, he must be getting back to his normal self. It's a good thing. Thinking about him lots.

Forgot to mention that we saw Hamlet 2 w/ friends a couple of weeks ago. It was nothing brilliant, although it had plenty of hearty laughs. Not totally offensive, but I'm not that easily affected these days. Elisabeth Shue was in the film; portraying herself. I'm THIS close to adding her to my stew. There's something about her that I've always liked. She's very sexy...I'm not sure what it is. I also LOVE her as an actress. Remember how hot she was in The Saint w/ Val Kilmer? Mmm. The highlight of the film was the Tucson gay men's chorus performing their rendition of Michael Sembello's "Maniac". I peed a little bit on that one. Brilliant!

We also went to the Paley Media Center in Beverly Hills last week...two nights in a row. They were rolling out previews for the major networks forthcoming new seasons. We saw a few actors from these shows, including several folks from Chuck. It was free food and drink, and free entertainment. It was great fun. Friend Candis (congrats on her new job) came w/ us for our second night. The best part about this all was the first night. Several pinched-face old biddies were in attendance, and every time one of the waitresses w/ the free snacks made their way from the serving area, to the rooftop deck, they would make like vultures and surround them. If it weren't so funny, it would have been frightening. This is how we're keeping ourselves busy during our never ending unemployment. We find free things that interest us and then people watch. What more could we want? Oh yeah, jobs. That's right.

One of the shows that was previewed for CBS was the new Simon Baker vehicle; The Mentalist. I held hope that he might show up for that evening's panel, but it was not to be. How nice if I could have pitched my script to him. I'm certain I could have gotten the proximity and time to do so, had he been there, right? Cuckoo!

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!