Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Home for the Day

I left work early last night, cuz I could feel this allergy attack/cold...whatever the hell it is; beginning to kick in. Used some non-addictive knockout drugs last night, and I woke up still feeling crapola. So, I called into work. I like to tell people that I know my body well enough to know when I'm not gonna have a good health day. Today is that day. My head feels like it's going to explode, and I've ingested enough mucus to drown that little green guy in his own filth. Do you get that? So, I'm taking the day off. Once this mini blog-a-thon is completed, I'm going back to bed.

The other half was very ill last week; for like 4 days. We assumed it was allergies; since he's so prone to those issues, but since I am ill right on the cusp of his recovery, I think it could be a cold. Who knows. Get me a damned vaccuum to suck clean these damn sinuses. Add some tightness in the chest, and I'm feeling just super. When did I become one of those wimpy, sniffling, asthma complaining geeks? I guess the day last year when I was actually prescribed an inhaler for my allergies. Jesus. Yes, I know it's a stereotype. Whatever!

Can we all actually start to breathe a sigh of relief; knowing that Obama takes office next week? Can the Bush II years really be this close to over? The joy has left me speechless. However, as I was told by the news this morning, a great portion of the inauguration festivities will be paid for by the taxpayer dollars. This irritates me a little. Honestly.

American Idol premiered last night. Every year, I tell myself not to get sucked in, but within the first five minutes, I'm back to a year ago. The bikini babe was an ugly, rude, skanky bitch, and I hope she has a tough time in Hollywood. I liked the hefty, cute oil rig worker. I'm voting for him. Not sure what I think of the new judge. I found it funny that she took the bikini babe's bitching, so personally. I felt that the other three judges have been doing this so long, that they secretly laughed at how involved she got. Amateur.

The final season of Battlestar Galactica is just around the corner; and the other half and I have seen nothing since the first two or so episodes of SEASON THREE. Jesus. Any ads that come around immediately send me into spasms as I search for the remote control; desperately trying to change the channel or hit the mute button. I will be EXTREMELY PISSED if I find anything out. Of course, I am assuming they will finally reach Earth, and I know that one of the final Cylon models will be revealed. I guess there are bets going on in the sci-fi geek world. My guess (based on sheer spectacle--not education of watching the last couple of seasons) would be Roslin. Goddamit, I'm so pissed that I have fallen behind on this show. Stupid life getting in the way of my television needs. I just love this show.

Did anyone catch Ann Coulter on The View the other day? What a bitch (I really wanted to use the "c" word, but I'll refrain)!

Work is going well. I've entered my fourth month on the job. Can you believe that?

The Golden Globes were great fun. I apparently really need to see Slumdog Millionaire; in order to be prepped for the awards season. I love that Kate Winslet won two awards. I loved that Mickey Rourke won. The other half is jonesin' to see Rourke win the Oscar. Can you imagine? The Wrestler is also on our list to see. I was very bummed that Meryl didn't win for Mamma Mia. Dammit! Also, wasn't it fabulous how Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie dissed Ryan? Even though it was funny, I felt bad for Ryan. What's the deal w/ the diss?

The other half got to see Glenn Close and several other heavy hitters at the ceremony for Glenn's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I had to work. Imagine that. JoBeth Williams, Jeff Goldblum, Michael Chiklis and several others were there. Pictures to be posted later. I would have LOVED to meet JoBeth; considering how infactuated I am w/ Poltergeist lately. Hmm. Her star was just in front of the Roosevelt Hotel; a mere half block away.

Next weekend, I will be staying a night (or possibly) two at friend Chris's house. We are going to sit down and write/brainstorm/create on the project we have been discussing. I'm SUPER looking forward to it.

I have a couple of posts to do after this; then I'm going to scope out some lunch, and then I'm laying in bed for the rest of the day; moaning through my stuffed nose and wiping away the drippage as it occurs. Nifty.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!