Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oscar Set-up

And other news.

The parking lot and stage entrance (the ones right outside our window) have been blocked off @ the Kodak Theatre for like a week now. Things continue to progress and more areas are being cordoned off. The Oscars are soon. I have requested that Sunday and next day (Monday) off from work, so that we can totally experience the wackiness of living next door to the Academy Awards. Weird. I'm hoping for some great celeb spotting. On top of that, since so much is blocked off, I figured it would just be easier to not have to go out. Saturday night, we'll make our way to the grocery store to stock up on snacks and other necessities, then it's holed up for the golden man. Should be fun.

I don't work until 12:30 today, so I'm sitting around, getting caught up on my lagging blog work. It's truck day @ the store, so I'm none enthused about heading out there. I've had so many days off from work over the past week (last week my regular two days off, then a call on Friday to say I didn't need to come in...then worked two days, then another two days off for this week's regular days, etc...I'm totally confused). Plus, I'm having flashbacks to when I was a kid and I'd spend an entire weekend with a friend @ his house, and then come home on Sunday night; just pissy that I had to return from a fabulous sleepover weekend. My mom could barely stand me I was so irritable. It seems to be the same thing here. I spend so much time from work, the first day back is painful. I don't want to be there, and every customer pisses me off. Yesterday was no exception. Lots of pushy folks, and my tolerance levels for that were LOW. Anyway. I'm sure it will be fine today.

Friends Mike and Karyn will be in town this weekend. I'm really looking forward to seeing them and getting some fun hang out time logged in.

My shoulder is much better. Clearly the therapy has been extremely helpful. Tomorrow will probably be my last appointment. Then I see the doctor again on Monday for a final review. I'm certain you all (my avid readers of 1) are thrilled to know these boring-ass details.

Friend David (director of House of Black Wings) posted a recent blog; basically stating that he's very close to employing the "d" word...meaning "done". I am so excited to see this!

On my end of creative work, there's been no such "work". I'm so proud of myself. Haven't so much as spoken to friend Chris about our co-project, since our initial very productive weekend of writing. Will have to remedy that very soon. No work on scripts either. Jeez.

I do have an idea floating about in my head for a webseries...but that's in the future. I think I mentioned it in a previous blog. Since I'm giving no details right now, clearly it's worth mentioning.

A few movies from the past week. Be Kind Rewind was a sweet, funny movie. Always love some Jack Black, and Mos Def is so good in everything I've seen him do. The Ghostbusters sequence has to be the high point. A fun supporting cast as well--smaller roles filled by the likes of Mia Farrow and Sigourney Weaver. Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem. Nothing life altering, but a fun good time. Lots of slime, lots of explosions and lots of cliches. The other half got freebie tickets for a preview performance of the remake of Friday the 13th. Strangely enough, not nearly as bad as I would have expected; considering it was from the same folks who did the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake (which was absolutely AWFUL). I appreciate how they summed up the entire original film in the opening credits, and then freely drew from as many as 4 of the sequels for the remainder of their story. They got it all in one fell swoop. The effects were fun, the scares plentiful; and surprisingly, there were a couple of actual suspenseful moments. The dialogue was fun and smarty-pants, and the actors all did a fine job filling their stereotypical roles. Plentiful boobs (some real; some fake), but no male nudity (throw me a bone...so to speak). This episode's "Jason" was plenty scary (he ran, folks...not the old school lumbering along...like the new zombies in the Dawn of the Dead remake; he was "turbo"--a phrase I'll borrow from my brother). I liked this change. There were also some nice subtle bits of explanation for how Jason can do the things he does. Actually pretty clever, but I won't spoil it. Surprisingly, Jason was also quite sympathetic. His brief moment w/ his mom in the opening credits, really hit home his need to kill. I think it was more effective than all the other previous films in trying to explain his motives. Kudos to the filmmakers for that. And how could you not feel some sympathy for the madman when you see his little bedroom; complete w/ teddy bear and headboard reading "Jason". Awwww. Also, Jared Padalecki was pretty hot, and I may have to add him to my stew. Not sure what I think of him as an actor, but that tight t-shirt he wore throughout the film, was an effect I really liked. Finally, a word of wisdom to our friend Jason. The folks you were killing, weren't camp counselors. Isn't that who your mom wanted you to kill? Sure, they're shirtless teenage bimbos, and the men are walking hard-ons (just like the counselors who let you drown), but these folks don't teach others about arrowheads, and swimming and scavenging in the forest for survival. They're just not counselors. Perhaps a re-examination of those you should be seeking for your vengeance. A change of locale? I mean, no one in their right mind will open up another camp on Crystal Lake, based on what happened there before. Wait, in the original series, they did it two more times...never mind, stick around and the buffet will come to you again.

A few words about American Idol. Tatiana (sp?) is driving me up a wall. I don't know what I think about the fact that she is in the top 36. As the other half said, "she's good TV". I guess that's the case. We were laughing ourselves to sleep last night after watching her leave the judge's room; screeching and laughing. I'm in love w/ the Robert Downey Jr. clone, Danny Gokey (is that right?). He's clearly the front runner. I'm pissed as hell that his best bud (was it Jamar?) didn't move on. Seriously? The other half and I agreed that one of the other contestants will have to bow out for some emergency or something, leaving it open for him to return somehow. The drama that is American Idol.

Finally, breaking news. The mumu worn by Serena in not my mess films' French Toast; has seen its last days. Serena has agreed to save a swatch of the fabric so that I can put it with the rest of the memorabilia I have saved from the film. Eventually, it will be displayed at Planet Hollywood in Vegas. Either that or in my office. Whatever.

Later, y'all.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!