Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Concerns about the Living Dead #44

George A. Romero was on NPR's "Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me." this morning. Of course, I was working while it aired...however, it is available via the internets.

Here's a link.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=114303424

And, I got my big Halloween scare in a roundabout way; via this appearance on NPR.

The other half called me at work today. Generally, it is if he found some good deals on clothing while out and about on a Saturday; or if he is the first one to hear big news...i.e. some celebrity has died.

So, this is how it goes.

Co-worker: "Elwood's on the phone for you."
Me (picking up the phone): "Thanks for holding, this is Michael, may I help you?"

STOP

Yes, even if I know it's Elwood, I'll still answer that way. You never know if a co-worker could have been mistaken, or if I picked up the wrong line.

Anyway...

Elwood: "George Romero--"

STOP

So, based on past phone calls reporting celebrity deaths, my heart stopped for a moment. Can you imagine my brain trying to wrap itself around this; if indeed it had been what I thought?

At any rate, he was just calling to let me know that George was on NPR.

How's that for a roundabout, boring tale?

Anyway, George is fine, and he did quite well on "Wait, Wait..."

Check it out.

That is all.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!