Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

On the Radio...ooo-ooo-ooo...on the radio!

"Junior" 's CD player has been on the fritz for quite some time. He has chosen to keep several of our CD's encased in the dashboard, and refuses to take any more, or give back the ones he has consumed. That's fine. One day we'll find a way to satisfy his appetite in another way, thus allowing him to give up what is ours.


Anyway, the radio's not bad. I should listen to NPR like I used to avidly do, but I've discovered (in the past several months) that I greatly enjoy KOST @ 103.5.

BUT...

I feel the urge to tell you about something which I can no longer tolerate on this station.

First, though--I love the fact that 75% of the time, when I hop into "Junior" and click on the radio, I'll get a few moments of the Bee Gees and their wonderful "How Deep is Your Love". That makes me happy. They play lots of Fleetwood Mac, the occasional Madonna, Donna Summer, and even some Bette Midler. That all serves to make me a happier person on the way home from work. Soothing. Cheesy. Non Beverly Hills Housewives-related.

But there is a dark side to KOST--Los Angeles.

They can continue to play songs over and over...in fact, every day I'll hear a song I heard the day before. Keep it up. If it's Luther Vandross, I'm okay. I can even take "Love Songs on the KOST" and the absolutely cheesy requests and over-the-top dedications. I don't judge. I'm glad there's love out there. Radio ads...don't like 'em, but I can handle that.

No...the thing which will immediately make me reach for the off switch is a particular song.

I believe it's called "Marry Me", and it's performed by Train. I don't know why, but I DESPISE this song. It's annoying, whiny and fills me to the brim w/ disgust. I'm sure it's played so damn often cuz it's requested so damn often. For my sake, please stop.

Don't know why this was all worth a blog, except that I just had to get it out. I thank you for you time.

Coming up in the next non-stop hour of music--Billy Joel, Tina Turner and Christina Aguilera.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!