Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"I'm a nerd...and I'm pretty proud of it."



It was quite a turning point for me when I saw this in the theatre at age 10 (no comment on why a 10 y.o. would be allowed to see this). After several more viewings on home video (it quickly became one of our movie regulars) I told my older brother that I was moved/uplifted by the ending (or however a 10 y.o. would describe it). In his usual heartfelt manner, he replied, "that's because you're a nerd." It hurt then, but I knew in my heart that he was right.

After all of these years, having also added 'fag' to my roster of colorful outsider names, I'm so happy to be who I am...a nerd at heart. Other than my laundry list of crippling neuroses (ha!), I'm pleased to be me.

I was, and am still--a startling doppelganger for our beloved Wormser. A badge of shame in my youth, I now shout it from the mountaintops!

"I'm a nerd, and I'm pretty proud of it!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWH1jEgiO0w

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!